“A very nice and friendly hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Normal
GreenLeadersSilver level
Decatur, United States
“A very nice and friendly hotel”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

This is a very nice, clean & welcoming hotel. We love the room layout of the rooms with the seating area & bar area. The value, the free breakfast, the friendly staff and the cleanliness make this a wonderful stop.

1 Thank Jeanne S
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hi 'JeanneS' and thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us. The rating is appreciated and I thank my team who grinned ear to ear when I read your review to them. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours....
-richard

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Park Ridge, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2014

If you are looking for a comfortable and convenient location for business this is the place. The staff is exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Free internet allows me to stay connected to the office and get my work done in a very comfortable room. The hotel in located next to a shopping area and two restaurant options within walking distance - one fine dining and one more casual. Several other restaurants are just a 5 minute drive away.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'ChristineJ' and thank you for taking the time to share with the world your recent experience with us. Great having you and we welcome you back soon.
Fishers, Indiana
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here and this was your typical nice clean comfortable Hampton Inn. Our only complaint was the staff at the front desk were rude. I see in other reviews this is not the case, so maybe they were having a bad day or we had different front desk people. Either way our experience was not ideal. Maybe we are spoiled, being platinum at Marriott, the level of service is taken to a different level. We do not have a high status with Hilton yet, so I am sure that plays into it. We would stay at this hotel again though.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Hi ''purduepete2" and thanks for taking the time to comment on your experience with us. I must say your claim of rude service is a surprise and not at all acceptable. I'd love to hear more so that I can coach this individual along. If you are able and have time, please feel free to contact me personally so we can get to the bottom of it. I thank you in advance for this. Being a loyal Marriott guest, I'm delighted to know that you experience Hamptons often - I'm confident you'll be making the switch in no time. Safe travels to you and yours and I look forward to hearing from you....
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here with my friends and I becuase of a convention going on that we were suppose to work wen my friends and I arrived it was freezing cold and snowy, we figured we would go up to the rooms and make the coffee/tea in the room. We stepped through the doors and were greeted with a coffee and tea bar right across from the front desk, I thought this was the neatest thing until I saw they offered multiple types of teas,that made the night better. The same night we used the pool and hot tub, both were very clean, they had a shower just off to the side of the pool, which I found impressive considering most place you would have shower off in your room, the spa/locker room or not at all. The only issue I with the pool area is the towels, i feel as if they're too tiny, but that's personal issue.

The breakfast is really good and changes daily, its always hot and there's a variety to eat, which is good considering some places offer stale breakfast; this Hampton did not. At the end of the day when we returned my friends clothes were folded up for here on her suit case which she apparently left in the floor. The sheets/bedding so clean and fresh and very comfortable to sleep in, some hotel chains bedding makes my skin itch, however this one did not. I really like also how they also have a nature/spa sounds on the radio which is great if you can't fall asleep; however, you will want to set your alarm on your phone and not use the radios due to it tends to not go off if you are using the nature/spa station. The staff was nice and friendly; although, make sure you spell your name out to them because we had a case where the name was spelled wrong which made it hard to get onto the internet. Other than that this place is fantastic, clean, friendly, and orderly.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Wow 'Rae_S22', thank you so much for the very thorough review of your experience with us. I appreciate you taking the time to post the well thought out comments. I believe you touched on several aspects important to the traveling public. What's more, these items are paramount to our success and something we believe in. "Fantastic, clean, friendly, and orderly" - just like your review - making yours the 'classiest ever'. :-)
It was great having you, we appreciate you choosing us and safe travels to you and yours....
Pontiac, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Excellant staff, very helpful as I had to extend my stay an extra night after I had checked out and the staff was very professional and had a room for me (middle of the coldest weather and a major snow storm). Great place to stay and feel at home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'AmyB' and thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to report on your experience with us. I must say "Best in the World" is a lot to live up to. You can trust my team and I will do everything in our power to maintain this title. We appreciate you and your words. Should we ever fall short, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll make it right. Safe travels to you and yours and we hope to see you again soon....
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 January 2014

This hotel is a very good choice for the area. They have very comfortable beds and nice decor in the hotel rooms and lobby/lounge area. The complimentary breakfast was a great amenity. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hi 'Ally-R C',
Thank you for taking the time to share with the world your recent experience with us. When 'away from home' no one should have to worry about where they'll lay their head any given night - the quality and service of a hotel is priority to all. A good value is nice as well - in the Hampton Inn & Suites - Normal, you've found it all. Safe travels to you and yours and Happy New Year....
Pontiac, United States
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Be sure to bring your own pillows. Theirs are too small. Pool is very warm and cozy for the children and myself. Large enough for large groups if needed. Blankets and sheets are washed daily after each guests stay to ensure a clean and confortable stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Lori R
Hi 'Lori R' and thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent experience with us. I hope the next trip we can earn a perfect score for sleep quality. After all, this is critical and I'm sorry we fell short last week. I appreciate you noticing and sharing with the world that cleanliness is a vital cornerstone of the guest experience. Safe travels to you and yours and Happy New Year....
-richard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 11 in Normal

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!