“Nice stay, Great staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Nice stay, Great staff”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were recently in the area for a couple of days and decided to stay at the Hampton Inn as they could guarantee the room we wanted. We were very pleased with the room, staff, breakfast and facilities. The hotel is located conveniently to several stores and restaurants. Our stay was quiet and comfortable and we will return.

Room Tip: There is no view. Upgrade to a suite... duh, its a suite.
Green Features: Lots of recycled products in use such as water cups, coffee cups, cereal bowls, etc. Low flow showers and towel and lunen laundry choices.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Hi 'jr37388', thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to complete a review on your recent experience at the hotel......safe travels to you and yours......

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Tullahoma, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I used to live in Normal, and was going back for a short weekend visit. While I usually stay at the Marriott in Uptown Normal, they could not guarantee me a king size bed. My husband is over 6 feet tall and I have long arms and legs that have minds of their own while I sleep, so a smaller bed would not do. Instead, I reserved a room at the Hampton. I am pretty glad I did. Eric, the gentleman who was working the night we checked in, was very kind and courteous, even though we checked in at 1:00 AM. When my husband got a little dizzy from being road weary and fell in the room right after we checked in and broke a lamp and a CFL light bulb with his noggin, Eric came right up and cleaned everything up for us, after making sure that my husband wasn't injured (just his pride).
The wonderful lady at the front desk the next morning was just as nice and courteous. It was a Saturday morning, and as I moved away from Normal several years ago, I knew that store locations and hours had probably changed (I wanted ISU stuff to take home with me). She told me where to go and which stores would most likely be open on Saturday and even recommended which store to go to.
The rooms were clean and the cool (I hate a hot hotel room) and the hotel was very quiet. The only drawback we had was that the place we went to for dinner made both my husband and myself very ill, which put a damper on our weekend. But that wasn't the hotel's fault.

They have changed where I will stay when I visit Normal from now on.

1 Thank JennaRock
Hi 'JennaRock', thank you for the EXCELLENT review from and EXCELLENT guest. Sounds as though you've found a new 'home away from home' while visiting Normal. Yep, Eric (and the rest of our team) are gems. Should we ever fall short of your expectations, let me know. We'll see you again and safe travels......
-richard
Lexington, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff. Unfortunately, we experienced an annoying thumping from the room above, for several hours. It sounded like children running around. Since we were on a relaxing retreat, it really took away from the experience we came there to have.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Richard R, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hi 'MarshallR',
Thank you for taking the time to report on your recent experience. If you have a moment, can you please contact me so I can determine what this 'thumping noise' is and get it corrected?? I appreciate it. Safe travels to you and yours......
Ohio
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We always stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites when coming to Bloomington-Normal and over and over we can't say enough positive things about it. From check in to Breakfast this Hampton is spot on!
Thank you to Richard who always takes care of us and to the kind and caring staff going above and beyond to make our stay the best possible.
We once again will be staying with you in September and looking forward to another wonderful stay!!! Thank you Hampton and all your Staff at the Towanda Ave Hampton!!! You really have become our home away from home!

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite, it is worth the small additional amount
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi 'Kellndee',
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share with the world your recent experience. It's our pleasure to host y'all and please should we ever fall short, don't hesitate to let us know. See you next month......
-richard
Mt Zion
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Especially enjoyed the desk staff. they were friendly and helpful. Room was perfect and the breakfast was one of the best. If you look for the hotel from Tawanda Ave which is their address it is very hard to find. Not marked well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hi 'MtZionJeri', thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to report on your recent experience with us......
Chicago
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Here's what I expect from a Hampton Inn: a clean, fairly generic lobby, friendly staff, clean fairly-generic room, clean bathroom with plenty of towels, a well-lit parking lot, decent breakfast buffet.On our one-night stay, the Hampton Inn in Normal met my expectations.
Check in was quick and when I asked to be placed away from the elevator, the desk clerk placed us in a queen-queen non-smoking on the top floor halfway down the hall, about 6 rooms from the elevator. Thank you, it was a perfect location.
Our room was clean for the most part....and I know I am picky when it comes to this, but the carpet was unclean enough to leave some dirt on my white socks. Now I know hotels can't possibly shampoo carpet between each guest and they do vacuum, but I get the heeby-jeebies when the carpet isn't clean. It's a very personal quirk, so please don't judge this hotel by my standard. The rest of the room was clean, no dust, and the bathroom was spotless.
The decor is updated, it looks like an HGTV designer chose the furnishings. The bed is high and fluffy...a tad too soft for my taste. The pillows are plentiful and range from fluffy to medium-soft. I prefer a more sturdy pillow.
The shower pressure was very good.
We didn't use the pool or workout room.
Our stay was very good and this Hampton Inn completely met our expectations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Hi 'kkasi', thank you for the "completely thorough" review of your recent experience with us......you touch on many qualities which set us above the rest. Thanks again and safe travels to you and yours......
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

It may be a little hard to get to by weaving around a number of shopping areas but worth the effort. It is clean and well staffed. Fits into the Hilton line well by being a good quality location. There is also a nice restaurant next door.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hi 'djdhalen', thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us......
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
Hampton Inn Bloomington West
#6 of 22 in Bloomington
Doubletree By Hilton Bloomington

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!