“Almost Like Home”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Augusta Ga
“Almost Like Home”
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Candlewood Suites is the go-to place to stay for my family. I made reservations for another hotel in Bloomington/Normal, because when planning my trip, I could not get reservations at Candlewood. We went right over to Candlewood the night we checked into the other hotel, after seeing the condition of the other hotel, and asked if they had openings for the next 4 nights, and they said yes, so we made the reservation, and eagerly checked in the next day. You can read how our stay went at the other hotel, from my posted review. We have stayed at this Candlewood property 10 times, and we have never ever been disappointed in our room, location, staff, or the cleanliness of the property. The beds are quite comfy, and having the full refrigerator, stovetop with 2 burners, microwave, and cooking utensils and suppllies, we are able to feel a bit more self sufficient, and not depend on restaurants for all meals while traveling. You won't be dissapointed in this location, and I will be booking another stay quite soon.

Room Tip: This property is in a quiet location, and we have never had a bad room here, ever.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Geneseo, Illinois
Reviewed 27 October 2012

A friend booked this hotel for a girl's weekend of shopping and relaxing. It was very clean, quiet, friendly staff and good value. We did not use the kitchenette, other than to store a few drinks in the frig and make coffee the next morning. The workout room is small but treadmills were of good quality and not busy. The laundry room has at least 2 washers and dryers and is free, a great benefit for those that are there for longer stays. One of the local chain Italian restaurants will deliver to the room. Would stay there again for our next girls weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 22 August 2012

No breakfast, although Panera Bread is literally next door, the A/C smelled musty and old, and my "king" bed was barely a double. The rooms are designed for long-term stay, complete with dishes, a toaster, microwave, full-size fridge, etc., but unless I had no place else to go this wouldn't be my first choice for an extended stay. The sheets and quilt didn't look quite clean, and there is no counter space at all in the bathroom. The internet is free but it's very slow at peak times. VERY slow. On the plus side, it was quiet at night and there are plenty of towels. There's a large desk to work at and plenty of electrical outlets. Lighting is adequate and the cable in Bloomington-Normal is good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear romancewriterTN,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry you did not find our hotel to your liking. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. I hope you will consider us again when in Bloomington. Thank you again.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The front desk associate told me the hotel had been open for several years. I am certain that my room was brand new. This was a great value, they even put some popcorn in the microwave for me. I was just staying one night but if you have to be in the area for a while this is a great property. Beds are comfortable, staff is well trained. I had no problem parking our boat. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: There is an excellent breakfast restaurant about 3 blocks away
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I have never stayed at a Candlewood hotel so I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. The location was perfect as we were attending a function at ISU. The hotel was kept really clean and the room itseld was comfortable. Check-in was quick and efficient. I was excited about that as we worked all day and then drove two hours to get there. I do not have a suggestion on rooms but the hotel itself is conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Normal.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Reviewed 16 October 2011

A large Candlewood that actually has several rooms with separate bedrooms and several 2 bed suites. Rooms are clean and spacious. Staff is friendly. Priority Club members can get late checkout and they get to spin a wheel to win prizes at checkout.

Even on a Friday night with college in session, rooms were quiet and sleep was great. Definitely the top choice in Bloomington/Normal!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LEGGROOM
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Relatively new property - a big plus. Great location near many restaurants and shopping opportunities. Quiet, comfortable, clean and affordable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington

Been to Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal? Share your experiences!