Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsextended stayfull size refrigeratorwashers and dryersfree laundry facilityhome away from homefront deskmini kitchendesk areaguest laundryhave stayed here several timesrecommend this hotel to anyonebooked onlinedecent hotelbed was comfortableillinois statedishwasherpantry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed at this Candlewood for 10 months and can honestly say it was nothing short of pleasurable. The property and rooms are very clean and the kitchen area with stove and full fridge easily made preparing meals hassle free. There is plenty of shopping, restaurants and activities all within minutes the hotel. The Gazebo area with gas grills came in handy during the summer months. The overall most outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. Friendly, courteous, helpful and accomadating, they made my stay comfortable and enjoyable. If you have a need to stay in the Bloomington / Normal area I highly recommend this Candlewood Suites. I will be traveling back to the area in July where I will certainly be making a reservation for another extended stay at the Candlewood Suites Bloomington/Normal. Dennis B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Whitney H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dennis B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your 10 month stay at the Candlewood Suites. Guest feedback is the best way for us to provide a great hotel that guests love. Your kind words will be passed down to the entire team so that they know they met and exceeded your expectations. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed many of the amenities we offer and took advantage of our great location! Most of all I am glad to hear that you will be staying at the Candlewood Suites during your next visit to the area in July. Until then enjoy the next few months with your family.

Best Regards,

Whitney Hoyt

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We have now stayed at the Candlewood in Bloomington-Normal two times. On both occasions, we found the personnel to be very friendly and willing to help in any way they could. On this last occasion, we were staying on the weekend of the severe cold blast with snow and temperatures down to -21 F. We had planned to leave on a Monday morning but found that our car would not start. While I continued to try to start the car , my wife went back into the hotel, and one of the people at the front desk volunteered (without being asked) to drive her car around to jump the battery. She and another of the workers from the hotel came out and we tried to start the car, unfortunately to no avail. Nevertheless, considering the temperature was -12 with a wind chill considerably colder, I considered this above and beyond the call of duty. We had a two-room suite and found the accommodations excellent. We enjoyed having a normal size refrigerator and convenient small kitchen. The location is very convenient with a supermarket two blocks away. Overall, we highly recommend this hotel and will certainly be back when we return to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Whitney H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Roger R,
The team was more than happy to help you and your wife during your stay with us. Our cars were no match for the Polar Vortex that week. We strive to meet and exceed our guests needs and we are happy to hear we did so during your stay! We look forward to seeing you and your wife on your next trip to the Bloomington-Normal area. Hopefully it is not as cold!

Whitney Hoyt

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Truly a welcome environment with friendly staff and a home away from home experience. My husband works in the wind energy field and we stay away from home the majority of the year and it is so enjoyable to find such a wonderful place to stay. I love to cook so the kitchenette and full size fridge were such a plus and we are located right next to wonderful shopping for everything you could need. The hotel is very clean and the staff are always more than helpful. There customer service is outstanding. If you have to stay away from home for anything here in Bloomington/Normal this is definitely the place you would want to stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but I love the suites with the separate bedroom for a more apartment feeling.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Robin H
Whitney H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

I want to start out by saying thank you Robin H. for choosing to stay at the Candlewood Suites. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying your stay as much as we enjoy having you here. It is guests like you that make our jobs even more worth while! Getting to know all of our guests is a perk that our entire team has grown to love. We will all be sad to see you and husband leave but hope on your next trip you will make the Candlewood Suites your home away from home. Thank you again and Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

The establishment:
Truly pet friendly! Recycling bins obvious & convenient. Glad to be reward club members. Helpful staff. Wind energy sticker on front door.

The room itself:
The queen suite worked well for us. The full fridge & kitchenette was great. Not too noisy. Decor was unobtrusive.

The location:
It's in an suburban sprawl location, but wasn't a far drive from campus. Close to every big box store you could need.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarrotKate

Thank you CarrotKate for taking time to share your experience at Candlewood Suites. It always makes us happy to learn how much our guests enjoyed their time at the hotel . We are glad to know you took advantage of having a kitchen in the room and found our location to be ideal. We hope you will visit us again when you make any future travel plans to the area. All of us at Candlewood Suites join in, in wishing you a happy Holiday Season!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband is a pipeline rig welder, and that requires working away from home. April 1 I retired from nursing, sold our home and we decided full-time RV life was our dream. But when the weather in Illinois was not conducive to outdoor living, and his project wasn't finished, we found ourselves here at Candlewood Suites. I was apprehensive to live in a hotel and spent a month researching every hotel in the area. CANDLEWOOD is by far the most pleasant of them all. The facility is clean, as a newly retired surgical RN, that was so important to me. In my career I have been to numerous customer service seminars and let me tell you Candlewood Suites total has it nailed! Every team member is kind, smiles, and makes each and every guest feel like family. They are also pet friendly.( You don't get a scrappy old room because you have a dog like all the other places)! Oh and the free coffee is amazing. I would give you all the stars in the sky but I guess I'm limited to 5. THANK YOU FOR MAKING US FEEL AT HOME.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Connelly2013
Whitney H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Thank you Connelly2013 for your thoughtful review of the Candlewood Suites. Your kind words have been filtered down to the entire team. I am glad to hear that you, your husband, and your pet are enjoying the abundance of amenities that we offer. I want to personally thank you and hope you continue to consider the Candlewood Suites your home away from home.