“Great quiet location”

Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was driving from Milwaukee to St. Louis for a meeting. It was in a great location to stop for the night, food stores just down the road. Reception was friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. The air conditioner was a little noisy. Over all good place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Kevin B
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

June 2, 2014

Kevin B,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love having new customers and getting their feedback. Please come back and stay with us again when your in the area!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Conveniently located right off the expressway. Fast food and sit down restaurants, grocery store all within walking distance. The hotel was clean. I was dissapointed that there wasn't a refrigerator in the room. Water in the shower in the morning took a while to warm up, and only got to warm, never hot. Didn't like the pillows--mostly just a bag of fluff. Staff was very friendly, and after a long car drive this is a major plus. I would stay here again.

1  Thank Rosemarie R
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

May 31, 2014,

Rosemarie,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving your feedback- much appreciated. I am sorry you experienced an issue with the shower in your room - I will have my maintenance department look into this. I am sorry it was an issue and it will be addressed as I do not want another customer to have the same problem that you experienced.
I am happy you mentioned you would stay with us again - this is what we want to hear. I also want to make sure your next stay with us is better than the last - Should the pillows upon your next stay with us not be satisfactory for you, please contact my front desk and they would be happy to find some firmer pillows for you, as we do have a closet of extra pillows available.
I am happy our location was convenient for you, and all of us here hope that you will return again! Thank you again for the feedback.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Renovated indoor pool was a plus. Convenient to IL State University. Manager and staff friendly. Breakfast Bar being renovated. Business Center and big screen TV in Lobby. Great meeting room on second floor.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to front parking lot are quieter
2  Thank _mattson2525
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

May 23, 2014

"urbanguy25",

Thank you for the 5 star review - I am happy you were able to enjoy our recently renovated indoor pool! I hope you will have a chance to stay with us again once the breakfast bar renovation is completed. I know everyone will be pleased once this is complete.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Gwen W
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Customer service at the desk was excellent. Room was comfortable and I experienced no problems during my visit. Many close resturants and I will be staying here again. Heater was a little noisy but expected for a window unit. Convient to the highway and easy to find. Previous visits had stayed at hotels on Market Street but this one is quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Sheryl d
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

May 7, 2014

Sheryl,

I was very happy to read your review and hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our convenient location on North Main Street makes us very competitive with other hotels on West Market Street. We are closer to veterans parkway, and the college campuses in town, which offer more restaurants and shopping centers to choose from. I was also happy to read that you would be returning to stay with us again - this is great! All of us here will be pleased to see you back again! Thank you for the great review Sheryl!

Regards,

Reviewed 21 April 2014

While I haven't stayed there yet, I feel I need to report the excellent customer service I received.
I thought I had a room book in September, but I must have actually done something wrong and chose the date for April. I noticed on my debit card I was charged for a night because I was "a no show". I called them immediately and the front desk young man (I forgot his name) and the manager Dan R. was able to help me out and rebook me for the September date I needed without any additional fees! Thank you!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Donna61
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

April 22, 2014

Donna,

I appreciate the kind remarks - we understood the situation and wanted to try and make it right. Mistakes sometimes happen when booking online, and it is never fun when it costs you money! We were happy to fix the situation for you!

We look forward to seeing you! Thank you.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

You can't beat the price and the service. The desk staff are very helpful. The kitchen was being remodeled so the breakfast did not include any perishables (like milk) but we had light meal that worked for us. The rooms are clean, the location is right off the highway and not far from the ISU campus. It really works for us.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 185Days
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

April 21, 2014

Thank you for the nice review - I'm quite happy to hear that our staff preformed well and you enjoyed your stay. Our prices currently are very competitive and we hope that our location, and price/value will continue to bring visitors like yourself back to our hotel again.

Thank you for your favorable comments,

Dan R

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Radisson Hotel Normal
#15 of 22 in Bloomington
4 mi away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington? Share your experiences!