“Great Customer Service”

Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I cannot say enough about how great the customer service was at this hotel. Justin and the rest of the staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. Justin went out of his way to take care of all of our needs during a two day basketball tourney. They are very lucky to have him at their front desk.

The room was on the older side, but spotless. Great value for the price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Laura H.,

I'm so glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope the basketball tourney was fun for everyone! Thank you for mentioning one of our employees - he will be pleased to hear the positive feedback. I hope you can stay with us again! Thank you!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for the first time. It was close to our concert. The rooms were clean and very sufficient for the price. Very reasonable. They also had a great breakfast. Very nice, clean pool.

Justin gave the best customer service ever. He went above and beyond making our stay great. He recommended a place to eat and it was terrific. I travel alot for business and Justin really stood out as one of the best hotel customer service reps ever. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Janet G,

Thank you for your feedback and your recommendation for other shoppers. We enjoyed having you stay with us and I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast selections and had the opportunity to use our pool. I did thank Justin for his attentiveness to your family and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in our area.

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

The only thing my dryer didn't work but they let me use one in another room. So thank you! Also Justin at the front desk was friendly and nice and made it be a good place to come again! Also wish would have had time for daughter to swim, but was to busy with softball tournament. Hopefully, next year daughter will have time to do more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Deanna C,

I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to thank my front desk agent, Justin for his great service. Please come back next year and don't forget to make time to swim! =p
Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our Anniversary and went to the Gary Allen concert, it was a great place to stay for the money, great location to the concert, and the front desk staff was WONDERFUL (Justin) and the housekeeping staff was very pleasant anytime we asked for anything, will stay there again in the future. Thank you for making our stay a great one!!!

Amy Jo & Austin

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amy H
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Amy H,

We all had a ton of fun when Gary Allan came to the Corn Crib and we can't wait for the Tim McGraw & Dakota Bradley concert this September! I am happy your anniversary was well enjoyed and I will be sure to thank my front desk agent, Justin. We all hope to see you guys again. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I booked a room for the family for ISU Preview and we were pleased with the convenient location, close to the University yet pleasent and qiuet grounds . Clean and comfortable room, nice heated pool enjoyed by both ourselves and our boys, and the complimentary continental breakfast bar and eating area was a pleasent addition to our stay (always fresh fruit and drinks available all day, and freshly packed pasteries, fruit, cereal, waffle, yogurt, bagels, coffee, tea, juice for breakfast!). The indoor pool was clean, stacked with fresh towels and we never felt crowded. Freindly and welcoming staff especially Brian at the front desk! (Thank you Brian!) We had no issues with either housekeeping, or bedding, or fresh towels, etc... infact beds were quite comfy and room was clean. Really was a great value for the price and I don't mean a cheap stay but rather really a comfortable and pleasant place to stay without the hefty pricetag of other hotels in the area. Family freindly, pool with heated waters, clean, comfortable and good value. You'll like the continetal breakfast bar and eating ara...nice. We definitely will book here again when we visit our student!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Redbird_Family,

My staff and I have enjoyed reading your review and we want to thank you for leaving such great feedback for us (and other shoppers online). I am especially pleased to hear that you and your family got to enjoy our indoor pool. It was recently reopened after a 3 month renovation and has been looking great since its reopening. I personally check it everyday to ensure the waters remain crystal clear with correct chemical balance as well as regular maintenance and cleaning - just so guests like yourself can enjoy this awesome amenity that we offer. I was also happy to see that you mentioned enjoying the complimentary continental breakfast - as this was also recently renovated to provide more variety and quality items to our guests.
All of us enjoy having return customers and we can't wait to have you stay with us again. Thanks so much.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This hotel provided a decent continental breakfast. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Pillows were terrible and not thrilled with housekeeping because they forgot to replenish our towels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Elaine H,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy you enjoyed the breakfast and overall had a good experience. We had a minor employee issue in the housekeeping department which resulted in some "stayover" rooms not receiving full service and I have since taken over as the executive housekeeper until I know the position will be treated appropriately. I am sorry you experienced negative effects from this. I hope you will return when you can, and recommend our hotel to others. Thanks again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent one night at this hotel and were very pleased with the experience. The room was clean, spacious, and nicely decorated, and the bed was very comfortable. We had a King bed room, which included a love seat, an additional upholstered chair, and a desk chair which allowed for plenty of comfortable seating. The TV worked great and there was free wifi. If you don't mind not having bacon and eggs, the breakfast is substantial: cereals, including oatmeal; muffins; bagels and cream cheese; fresh-made waffles; yogurt; bread for toasting; fresh fruit; juices, coffee and tea. But the best aspect of the hotel is its staff. We were greeted in a very warm, friendly manner upon arrival. The desk clerk chatted with us as he filled out paperwork and showed a genuine interest in us, asking where we were from and why we were in Normal, commenting on the happy occasion (a baptism) we were there to celebrate. And the clerk who checked us out the next morning was just as nice or even nicer. It's nice to have staff who truly seem to care about you and your comfort, and this hotel has such staff in spades. We will not only stay there again the next time we're in the area, but we will recommend this hotel to all our family and friends.

Room Tip: We have only stayed at this hotel once, but our room was very quiet, even though the hotel was fairl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Dan R, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Linda D,

Thank you so much for your descriptive feedback - this is very helpful for other shoppers and we also liked hearing the many positive things that you enjoyed. I am glad your visit to Bloomington-Normal was for a happy occasion, and I am pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyed as well. All of us here will enjoy seeing you again, as we love having return guests! Thank you for the great review- I will be sure to thank my staff for their help.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Radisson Hotel & Conference Center Bloomington - Normal
4 mi away
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Bloomington
Ramada Limited & Suites of Bloomington
Comfort Suites Bloomington Normal
3 mi away
The Chateau Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington-Normal West, IL

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Normal Bloomington? Share your experiences!