“Good sitdown Chinese food”

Mandarin Garden House Chinese
Ranked #19 of 114 Restaurants in Normal
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Group of 4 went for dinner after business affairs. Had the lemon chicken, BBQ spare ribs, soup, and crab rangoon. All were great. Best meal of our time in Bloomington-Normal. Only problem was the cream for the after dinner coffee didnt look like it was good anymore. Probably because they dont use it very often.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

This place looks like it hasn't been worked on since the 70's. The walls have thick dirt and scuffs all over. We tried the crab rangoon and it was the worst I have ever eaten. For $6.95 you get 6 small scantly filled crab rangoon. We waited a very long time time to get our food. I even noticed many of the staff was getting upset on how long the wait was for people to get their food. We tried the green pepper beef $12.95. It was ok until I found many pieces of the green pepper had black spots on them. We had an awful experience. This was my first and last time eating there. It's obvious that this place is on the verge of closing it's doors. Don't waste your money here.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

It is nice to go to a restaurant that aims to please, and the folks at Mandarin Garden do just that. My husband and I have eaten at Mandarin Garden several times now and have gotten to the point where we know what we like. We like their chicken dishes, and we like them spicy. We like them with a lot of vegetables so that is what we request. Every time we've made a special request at Mandarin Garden there hasn't been a moment of hesitation. If we request additional vegetables- no problem. We want more heat, more garlic, they are ready to accommodate. We would like to split a lunch portion, but would like an additional soup- they will do that. We like this restaurant. We like their attitude . We like the food and the service.

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere but very disappointed in the flavor of the food. Shrimp fried rice very salty and no flavor in the egg rolls. Over $20 for 2. Pretty expensive for rice and egg rolls. Slow service.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

While the crab rangoons were good, the mini egg rolls were not. The Happy Family with shrimp, chicken and scallops was a pretty small portion and pretty flavorless. My husband did enjoy his garlic chicken but I thought it was soupy and more salty than flavorful. With the exception of the crab rangoon I've had better from the freezer section of the grocery store.