“Very Satisfying”

Dining options: Reservations
Matteson, Illinois
“Very Satisfying”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I had the General Tso Chicken which was really good. I found the portions to be smaller than most Chinese Restaurants I have eaten at. I also thought the price was slightly higher than the average Chinese Restaurant. There are no substitutes, If you want fried rice with your meal instead of white rice, you will have to order the $9.00 order of fried rice. This was a first for me. I have always been able to pay a minimum fee for fried rice as a substitute for white rice. Aside from the things listed, I thought the food was good and the wait service nice.

Visited August 2014

Illinois
“Always good food!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is our favorite Chinese restaurant in our area. The food is always fresh, their menu varied and the owner is very friendly and involved. They have wonderful lunch specials and reasonable prices for the working folks. My favorite is their Moo Goo Gai Pan. Their House Special Fried rice is super with lots of seafood in it. Not only is it good food but the service is always good. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and I credit the owner for all things good at this restaurant.
I have eaten here regularly for the past 12 years and have never been disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
Normal, Illinois
“Best chinese food in the area.”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Mandarin is hands down the best Chinese restaurant in the twin cities. We eat there regularly, as we have for years since its opening. The mongolian beef is incredible, as is the garlic shrimp, crab rangoon, egg rolls, shrimp toast, egg drop soup, won ton soup, and so on. We have never had a bad experience whether it be food, or service. Yes, the prices are higher than your average chinese restaurant (which is 95% of them). I spent 13 years as a chef, and kitchen manager for an upscale restaurant, so I do have a little knowledge. There are a lot of negative reviews for Mandarin complaining of small portions, I think the overweight buffet crowd needs to just stick with the lower class Chinese places like Imperial, Hibatchi, and Grand cafe.

• Visited October 2013
Lake Wales, Florida
“Good sitdown Chinese food”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Group of 4 went for dinner after business affairs. Had the lemon chicken, BBQ spare ribs, soup, and crab rangoon. All were great. Best meal of our time in Bloomington-Normal. Only problem was the cream for the after dinner coffee didnt look like it was good anymore. Probably because they dont use it very often.

• Visited October 2013
“Not Good”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

This place looks like it hasn't been worked on since the 70's. The walls have thick dirt and scuffs all over. We tried the crab rangoon and it was the worst I have ever eaten. For $6.95 you get 6 small scantly filled crab rangoon. We waited a very long time time to get our food. I even noticed many of the staff was getting upset on how long the wait was for people to get their food. We tried the green pepper beef $12.95. It was ok until I found many pieces of the green pepper had black spots on them. We had an awful experience. This was my first and last time eating there. It's obvious that this place is on the verge of closing it's doors. Don't waste your money here.

• Visited November 2013