All reviewscinnamon rollsa great family hotelacross the streetroom was cleana quick overnight tripfront desk staffthe breakfast areabiscuits and gravyshopping and diningnight clerktwo nightsbed and pillowsa wonderful stayfree breakfastconvenient locationnice propertywater pressure
Reviewed 18 July 2011

On a recent business trip to the Bloomington/Normal area I stayed at this excellent property. When I made the reservation (about 60 days in advance) I requested a top floor room and the hotel honored my request. My room nicely appointed. The air conditioning system worked great, bed was extremely comfortable and hot water was plentiful. The work area in the room was outstanding. The room featured a large work table with plenty of electrical outlets nearby. The cable TV service had a great compliment of national and local channels. Internet access was wireless. The signal was strong and easy to connect to. Ice and vending machines were right around the corner and were both well stocked. The floor even had a guest laundry that had four machines and a large counter for folding clothes. The reservation included breakfast and the hotel's dining room was neat and clean. The food was plentiful and well prepared.

This hotel is in an outstanding location. It is near highways and very close to restaurants and shopping. I recommend making early reservations.

Room Tip: Reserve early for special request rooms
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2011

I've stayed here at least 3 times. After staying at other HIEs, I'll never stay here again unless there are major changes. I specifically reserved a jacuzzi suite in January 2011 for July 1-4. Upon arrival,i was told there were none available at all due to renovation (sign outside said "Jacuzzi Suites"). Placed in small king room for two nights, moved to larger (but no jacuzzi) king suite for last two nights. They did reduce rate, but they should have told me in advance of nonavailability. Additionally, pool was cool, cloudy, and slightly green. Spa was cloudy. Softball team was there for two nights, totally dominated breakfast seating and pool area. No change for coin-op washer and dryer. Wifi was problematic, have to keep reaccepting terms of service several times a day. No acknowledgement of Priority Club status. Did not make me feel like a valued guest. Next trip to Normal, I'm going elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank DrDevo
Reviewed 17 July 2011

This hotel is being renovated. The second and first floors are being worked on while folks stay there. The hall near the pool is stacked up with couches and chairs. The first room we had was on the second floor and didn't look as if it had been cleaned. It was run down and in poor shape. Some friends got a room on the 3rd floor and said it had just been refinished and was nice. We asked for another room and were given one on the first floor. It was ok but not new and in pretty poor shape. The pool was dirty and poorly lit. The front desk staff was nice and helped us when we asked for a new room. I am sure this hotel will be good to go when they have finished upgrading it. Until then, ask before boolking a room and ask for 3rd floor only until complete.

Room Tip: call ahead
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Stayed here for one night on our way back to Wisconsin. Everything was great, except the breakfast. The room was clean, comfortable, nice soft sheets. Ryan, the manager, was very helpful and informative upon check-in. We did not use the pool, but the area looked very nice. Close to just about any chain restaurant you can think of. We ate at the Panera next door, and it was great. Slept well, on a very comfortable mattress. Stick to the fresh fruit, cereal, yougurt for breakfast and you will not be disappointed. Forget the eggs, sweet rolls, donuts, they are about the worst you can find. The coffee was pretty weak, too. Eat your fruit, then go thru the drive-thru at Panera for a sweet. You will be happy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2011

My wife and I had one of the best experience's we've ever had on a recent trip from Chicago to KansasCity. We stopped in Bloomington/Normal at a Holiday Inn Express for the night and had such a good experience that I decided to write a review. Everything from check in to the room itself, to the free breakfast the following morning was first class. I can't think of one single thing that was missed by this hotel staff. I give it 5 stars !

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple