US$86
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$116
US$94
Motel 6
All reviewscinnamon rollsacross the streeta great family hotelhot tuba quick overnight triproom was cleanfront desk staffbiscuits and gravythe breakfast areashopping and diningnight clerktwo nightsbed and pillowsnext morninga wonderful staybeautiful hotelconvenient location
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My family and I recently stayed here while visiting relatives the front desk explained to us they had just finished remodel of the hotel the lobby was very neat and clean which carried on to the room which was very modern the kids enjoyed the flat screen. Breakfast was your run if the mill complimentary breakfast. And there were tons of places to eat nearby all in all we were very pleased.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Don't take a group here! I booked 10 rooms in Sept 2011 for a two night January 2012 stay. The business office/management made several errors. The manager, Josh, charged over $750 on my company credit card as an "authorization charge" upon check in and never made me aware of it. Other groups who were in the hotel for the same function, who also paid in full with company checks weeks in advance were not required to produce a credit card. I had paid the deposit with a company check and the balance with the company credit card weeks in advance. The manager therefore had the company card # and used it without my knowledge. He had attempted to charge even more but was declined when he maxed the card out. Courtesy would dictate he would tell me of this, but no, he let me find out when I attempted to use this company credit card to pay for the dinner for the group and it was declined. Was this intentional? The manager had mistakenly contracted our rooms for far less than the rate first quoted and was required to stand by the much lower rate put on the signed contract. I have to wonder if this was payback - especially since it was not something required of all the groups renting rooms for this event.

Six different groups rented rooms all for the same function and all booked the rooms months in advance. All six groups would benefit from their rooms being close together since this was a school conference involving students and chaperones. Several of us specifically requested that our rooms be close together so we could supervise our students. I know that several of the groups including ours had their rooms spread all over the hotel on all three floors without having chaperones on each floor. Fortunately our students were well-behaved and our stay was without incident on our part.

One of our rooms couldn't get their keys to work when we returned the first evening and it took three trips to the desk and me accompanying them and getting "in her face" for the manager to finally come and open the room. It is unfortunate that a customer of this hotel cannot get good front desk customer service with a simple "please."

I know that both I and another advisor spoke with the manager, Josh, regarding these issues and received a half-hearted apology. The desk personel had nothing to say in reply - no explanations. No reparation or consideration was offered and no attempt was made to correct the issues. In regards to the deposit on the credit card the manager told me it would "take days to work it out with the bank...it would come off a few days after we checked out." I was extremely upset and let him know it.

The rooms have been recently re-decorated and renovated, the breakfast was good, but it all pales when accompanied by such horrible front desk service. The delightfully accomodating lady working the breakfast room was the nicest employee - and, unfortunately, probably the least paid.

When we make this trip again next year, it will be without this expressly unsatisfactory Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Don_Susan_11
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My husband is a platinum member (the highest level of holiday inn member you can be). We always choose holiday inn over other hotels because I
Of this. Our daughter attends ISU, so we have stayed here three times in the past four months. Each time we have been a bit less impressed. Last time we 'upgraded' to a newly renovated suite on the third floor. It seemed like a poor job had been done and was really no larger than a regular room, just had a glass door installed to separate the bed. This time, they jacked the rates from 99 to 169 because it's Parent weekend at ISU. They wouldn't give us an AARP discount when we asked at checkin even though they admitted they do offer it, which seemed a bit ridiculous. We were in a room on the second floor this time, which supposedly was also just renovated. Tiles in bathroom weren't installed correctly, the hook on the wall wouldn't hold my little toiletries bag, and I literally could hear the person in the next rooms coffeemaker brewing this morning. This isn't that large of a hotel, yet they were renovating on
our first trip (July 8) and haven't made that much progress to date (nov 5) . We will be
choosing another hotel on our next trip, and as I mentioned, being a platinum member we always choose holiday inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank misika
corpNewYork, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Yes...we are undergoing a 2.5 million dollar renovation which will be completed this month. We do apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you. We do value your business !
We have a Robe Hook next to the shower wall to hang your Towel or tolietries. We checked the New Tile in the room and that is the New Modern style we selected. The Suite you selected when you made the reservation is 1 1/2 larger than a guest room. The rate which you
selected was a choice you had made and we did have much lower rates which were purchased by other guests before you made your reservation. There were 7 Hotels in the market with similar rates and we were not the Highest rate Hotel. We were 100% occupied and we strive to give EXCELLENT SERVICE to ALL our GUESTS. Please feel free to contact me at 309-862-1600 if you have any questions. Thank YOU ! Anthony De Angelis GM

Reviewed 10 October 2011

This Holiday Inn Express was absolutley great they are remodeling and what is done is gorgeous.I had a suite on the 3rd floor the rooms decor and comfort couldn't be beat .The staff was excellant also .They are in a good location with a walmart right across the parking lot and lots of other places to eat you will just have trouble deciding where to eat there are so many.They also except the CLC for you workers who are traveling and have to stay at certain places.They also have the free breakfast which comes in handy when your traveling with children.The kids will also love the indoor poor.The general manager is wonderful very friendly you see him out and about the hotel he doesn't stay hidden in his office and values your opinon.
The beds are great during the remodel they went with the top of the line,Air conditioning worked great .Plenty of hot water for a long shower.They also had quest laundry on 3rd floor $1.00 for wash $1.00 to dry although the dryer says it will take 2 times to dry it did not and that was for a load of jeans.This is a busy hotel on weekends but you can chalk that up to being a college town we had volleyball teams there never heard a word breakfast area was busy but that is to be ecspected on the weekends during the week you have your normal traffic people just there for work.and maybe passing through I stayed at this HIE for 6 nights and have not one complaint.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room 325
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2011

We recently stayed on a quick overnight trip prior to dropping our daughter off at college. Very friendly and quick check in. The hotel itself was undergoing extensive rennovations...looked like new wallpaper, carpets, paint, wallpaper, bathrooms, etc. We had a very nice new room and the bedding was wonderful. Breakfast was the standard free breadfast fair. Nothing special, but met our needs.

The only 2 minor negatives were the rattling of the fan in the air conditioner (fixed by using a washcloth shoved in the cover to stop the rattling) and the overwhelming smell of paint which required running of the AC all evening since the windows didn't open.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family