“Great choice!”

Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Bloomington-Normal, Illinois
“Great choice!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Spotlessly clean and very friendly staff. I was most impressed with the the fresh appearance and cleanliness of the facilities. The public areas were as clean as the rooms. Their breakfast bar in the morning as fresh and delicious, because of it's conveninient location it is perfect for business OR vacation.

Room Tip: Their breakfast in the morning was delicious, don't miss the cinnamon rolls!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Rochester, MN
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This was a difficult review for me. On one hand, it is a clean, modern, HI Express, but that is what I expect. But from a service standpoint, I was dissapointed. Most hotels try to honor my room requests. In this case, I requested "top floor/non adjoining room" and was given "first floor/adjoining room". As a PC "Platinum member", no obious attempt was made to upgrade my room in a nearly empty facility. The wireless internet was among the slowest I have seen at any hotel. I stayed here a few years ago and "dinged them" for not keeping some coffee available throughout the day in the breakfast area and that has not changed per front desk staff. The lady who checked us in was very friendly however. We did not challenge her on our room assignment as it had been pre-assigned.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
corpNewYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 16 October 2012
Thank You for your feedback ! We very much appreciate your staying with us ! My Guest Service Manager looked into your concerns and we apologize that you did not get the floor you requested but we tried our BEST to accomodate you on the first floor. We were in fact 100% and we do our BEST to accomodate all guest requests. Please give me a call at the Hotel 309-862-1600 anytime and please do stop by my office so I can meet you. I trust you will give us another opportunity to serve you at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bllomington-Normal, Il.
Anthony De Angelis GM
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 11 October 2012

ISU visit: overall loved the whirlpool and decor. This Holiday Inn has stepped it up a notch. Very nicely decorated! Managers were very considerate on my lost wallet situation.

I also liked they offer continental breakfast and had a quite, a variety of breakfast item. I only could have used stronger coffee! (no deal breaker).

Thank you for being persistant!

Room Tip: Thank you, Thank you for being persistant! I would stay again also.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lake Barrington, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 October 2012

My husband and I were in town for homecoming weekend at ISU. We were met with Midwest pride, service and attention to every detail from the moment we checked in. In addition to being given our room keys at check in we were given water bottles. The whole hotel was recently updated and very tastefully done. The suites were beautiful and the rooms were spotless. We slept well and loved the soft and firm pillow options. Breakfast was an unexpected cut above the typical continental offering. We had our choice of hot or cold and it was surprisingly great! We have stayed at many hotels over the years, and we are happy to say that one of the finest sits right at home here in the Midwest at Holiday Inn & Suites Bloomington/Normal. Go Redbirds!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2012

My boyfriend and I were in town for a wedding a couple weeks ago and decided to stay at your hotel. We booked fairly last minute and it wasn't a problem at all! When we arrived at the hotel the woman at the front desk had our room keys ready! I was completely blown away! usually it takes five minutes just for the keys, not including checking-in paper work. The rooms were spotless and the hallways were impeccable. When we were heading out for the wedding the young woman addressed me by name, and wished us a fun night. This hotel knows customer service in every aspect! Obviously, we will be back again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Palatine
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at this hotel last week when I visited by daughter at ISU. I was by myself and felt so safe. The staff at the hotel was so nice and helpful. The rooms were super clean and very comfortable. I will definetly be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We arived late and tired. The girl had our reservation ready, that was so great! Room was like brand new and I loved the hot tub!!! Having a great free breakfast is alwasys a big help. The pancake machane is very cool. Can't wait to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family