“Great Hotel! Great Location!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Chicago
“Great Hotel! Great Location!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn in Bloomington/Normal a few weeks back. I have stayed in many hotels and this hotel has the friendliest staff I have ever come across. They always have a smile and they look like they enjoy their jobs, especially the breakfast crew. They work hard to get the breakfast ready and I never had to wait for anything to be refilled. And, to my surprise, the food was good and I could make healthy choices. What a benefit! The hotel itself is very clean and they have a great pool. I also found the rooms to be very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. An added benefit is the location. I could walk less than a block to Walmart, which has everything anyone could need. I was also able to shop at some great stores that are very close, and all the restaurants you could want. I can't think of anything that I wanted that wasn't available nearby. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Normal IL. This is absolutely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly. and it is conveniently located to shops and restaurants. The morning breakfast was wonderful. Cinnamon rolls, eggs, biscuits and gravy. I did not go away hungry! I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends, family and business associates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I traveled to Normal to see family over the Easter weekend and this hotel is OUTSTANDING!! It's clean, the staff is very helpful, the cinnamon rolls served during breakfast are decadent and the coffee is good an hot, what more could you ask for?! I will definitely be back, its close to restaurants, shopping and the Tipton trails are a beautiful place to go walking for exercise or recreation. Loved it! Thanks so much for making my weekend fun and memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Katy R
Sun City, California
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, helpful and accommodating staff. I did not know the duration of my stay so I had to keep extending my reservation, again, very friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel location was perfect for my situation. I will refer this hotel to everyone in the future.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Maxdogiron
Green Bay
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean and worth the price. The front desk staff was very nice. My issue came with being told checkout is 11am an then having housekeeping knock on my door at 8:30. I needed sleep. You can clean my room when I check out. Was not happy!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Michael M,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tinley Park, Illinois
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very noisy and almost full to capacity with University things going on. Pool is extremely small with adults swimming in it like they were in Cancun on vacation. Should be for kids. My 10 year old daughter didn't want to swim because more adults were in the pool than kids and about 5 more in the hot tub.
The rooms and hotel are very clean though and the breakfast was good. But for the price I should have stayed at a Hilton or Marriot. Didn't have a choice on where to stay. Son wanted to be with his team.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lee051
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear Lee051,

Thank you very much for your feedback and please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. All of our reviews are evaluated by management, and your review is no exception. We strive to provide the best guest experience possible, and may use some of the feedback you’ve provided to further improve our service. We are pleased you did enjoy our clean rooms and good breakfast. Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Randolph, NJ
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I and four kids stayed at the hotel for a getaway weekend visiting family.
The front desk helped us with a bigger room and close to the pool. They gave us bottled water and snacks to chose from at check-in. Conveniently located next to Panera Bread and Walmart. Their breakfast was the best, my children loved the cinnamon rolls they were delicious. We will definitely when visiting Bloomington in the future

Room Tip: The suite was well worth the extra 25.00 dollars for our family.