“Great Hotel & a Great Value”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Normal
Illinois
“Great Hotel & a Great Value”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked our room through hotwire. We had a great price and were very pleased with the room. The room had a fridge and microwave. The decor had been updated. Beds were comfortable and rooms clean. We did use the hot tub and it was fine. We even ordered pizza and ate outside on one of the tables. The breakfast was a great bonus. Hot items along with the normal continental items.

We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had room 201. It was far from the elevators and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am partial to Holiday Inn Express as their properties seem to be a cut above the rest in this mid price range...
Not disappointed at all...

Check in always quick & easy with pleasant front desk employees.

Ample parking, great location, well appointed rooms.....& VERY CLEAN..
The flat screen TV in our room was huge- probably the biggest TV I have ever had in a room...HD with a nice selection of channels & movies.
Nice big fridge & microwave.

In all fairness, there were a few things that kept me from giving 5 stars.
First is the breakfast buffet...It has become almost a family event to see what you can create at the breakfast buffet.
Yes it had all the regular cast of expected foods..but 1 glaring omission....NO WAFFLE PRESS OR NO PANCAKE MACHINE...this is the first Holiday Inn that missed the mark in that regard.

The 2nd was the placement of the business center..which is essentially a computer & printer..However instead of being in a secluded room or location it was right next to the check in desk..I thought that was a bit odd...

Obviously those are fairly minor issues & would recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian H
Orland Park, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel is pretty new and has an impressive double stairway to the 2nd floor. Rooms were large and comfortable. Very clean inside and out. Much better price than the Marriott hotel where my daughter and her family stayed. However, the breakfast might have been a little better - perhaps adding pancakes or waffles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our stay was almost perfect.......Decided to book this hotel because of the location and the reviews. Arrived at the area early so I called to see if they will allow us to check in at 9am, and the guy was very nice to say yes we can be accommodated (although we end up checking in later that day). The Front desk at check in (Leigh, I think is her name) was awesome! She exceeded my expectation and was very prompt and friendly. The room is spacious and clean. Breakfast was pretty decent and the guy working the next morning is nice too. The only thing I got disappointed is when I asked for another shampoo and conditioner, the lady said that it is already in the room - of course Yes there is, but we already took a shower that night and that is needed for tomorrow......I know that it sounds like a very small issue, yes so just give some shampoo and don't ask why I am asking for another set! We will try to book this hotel on our next visit at ISU (because of Leigh and the gentleman that morning) but we will bring our own shampoo and conditioner. :)

Room Tip: room on the second floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at the Holiday Inn in Bloomington/Normal a few weeks back. I have stayed in many hotels and this hotel has the friendliest staff I have ever come across. They always have a smile and they look like they enjoy their jobs, especially the breakfast crew. They work hard to get the breakfast ready and I never had to wait for anything to be refilled. And, to my surprise, the food was good and I could make healthy choices. What a benefit! The hotel itself is very clean and they have a great pool. I also found the rooms to be very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. An added benefit is the location. I could walk less than a block to Walmart, which has everything anyone could need. I was also able to shop at some great stores that are very close, and all the restaurants you could want. I can't think of anything that I wanted that wasn't available nearby. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Normal IL. This is absolutely the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed at. The service was excellent. The staff was friendly. and it is conveniently located to shops and restaurants. The morning breakfast was wonderful. Cinnamon rolls, eggs, biscuits and gravy. I did not go away hungry! I will definitely recommend this hotel to all my friends, family and business associates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Oak Lawn, Illinois
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I traveled to Normal to see family over the Easter weekend and this hotel is OUTSTANDING!! It's clean, the staff is very helpful, the cinnamon rolls served during breakfast are decadent and the coffee is good an hot, what more could you ask for?! I will definitely be back, its close to restaurants, shopping and the Tipton trails are a beautiful place to go walking for exercise or recreation. Loved it! Thanks so much for making my weekend fun and memorable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo