Courtyard Bloomington Normal
US$108
US$111
US$96
Radisson
All reviewsfront deskbreakfast and dinnerfree weightsbottled waternight's sleepstaff was very friendlyin townan overnight stayspecial olympicseasy accessnice hotelroad tripnice roomparking lotconvenient locationclean roomswithin walking distance
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I am from Fort Collins Colorado and recently moved to Chicago for art school. I bought a ticket to a concert at the US Cellular Coliseum not knowing exactly how far it was from the city! Panicked when I finally got there, my friend and I were in need of a place to stay for the night. A man named Sebastian happened to be working the front desk and was exactly the person that we needed. He had information on all kinds of public transportation, including AMTRAK advice, as well as directions to the US Cellular and so much more. He was so pleasant and kind, had great eye contact and voice volume, and made our experience at your hotel so pleasant. We are very thankful for employees like Sebastian anywhere, but they are not easy to come across. You have a very special person on your team and we'd like to make sure he's recognized.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our employee! Here at the Bloomington Normal Courtyard we strive to make sure our guests have top-notch service and it is always a pleasure to hear that our staff made that happen! I sincerely hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a clean basic hotel with updated lobby and very friendly staff. Although breakfast isn't included, there is free Wi-Fi throughout property. I preferred the free Wi-Fi over breakfast anyway. Since this was a last minute business trip, I think I was given an accessible room based on availability. The room is fine, but it's awfully dark. And the hot water in the shower is not very hot. This may also be due to the fact that it's an accessible room.

Staff is very friendly and the property is clean. I have no complaints and would recommend this for anyone looking for a simple, affordable, basic room with easy access to local Bloomington attractions.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Donnell H, Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the lighting and hot water; I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard in mind next time you stay in the area.
Sincerely
Donnell Hoeniges

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Very nice people and service staff. Had a slight issue, but the Manager, Donnell took care of it. Will be back next year.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night from Friday to Saturday. Other than the check in process being a little slow do to several people in line in front of me, everything was great. I couldn't hear the people in the room next to me which was good. I'll stay here again if I'm ever in the area.

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony. It wasn't much of a view, but is nice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stumbled upon this hotel as I was driving through en route to take my college son to a medical appointment. For a hotel in this category, it's an excellent choice - so much so that I made a point to stay here on my return drive. The hotel was updated about 18 months ago, and it's in great shape. Contemporary lobby & room decor. The staff is fabulous....upbeat, smiling, helpful. They have a little dining counter for breakfast & light suppers, including a coffee bar & adult beverages. I enjoyed a perfect latte! Fitness room is small, as most are, and limited, but clean & filled the need.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo