“Not the Courtyards I'm used to.....”

Courtyard Bloomington Normal
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Normal
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The gentleman who greeted me last night was very helpful. He was very helpful with directions as well. I was a bit suprised that you didn't have any corporate rates with Bridgestone, who is probably one of the largest employers in the area. The room was clean, and as usual, great pillows! GREAT AND CHEERFUL STAFF

I normally like to use the work out room but was unable to, but thank you for having that available.

I was a bit disappointed in the following:

- Poor shower pressure
-Bath towels were quite small, something I would expect to see at a Fairfield
-Some of the furniture in my room was in need of repair(peeling laminate)
-No work telephone at my desk with speakerphone option

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all our guests and feedback is greatly appreciated as helps us identify our opportunities to better serve you. While I am pleased to learn our staff was cheerful, I am equally dismayed that your overall stay was disappointing. When you stay at a Marriott you come to trust that certain needs will be met; I am truly sorry that we did not meet those expectations. However, I am very grateful for the detailed list you provided us and I assure you we are working to address each item.
If there is any other way I may be of assistance or if you would like to discuss any other concerns regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or e-mail.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I came to town for my daughter to be in the Twisted Cheer Competition. From the moment we checked in until we left the staff was great.

The staff was very attentive to my 5 year old, they brought up coloring books and crayons while we waited for dinner.

Our room was across from the elevator and next to the linen closet on the 2nd floor and I was worried. The room was perfect. I never heard any noise from the hall, linen closet or elevator. The pool was perfect for little swimmers too!

I will make this my place to stay when in Bloomington, IL!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott and for your kind words. It is our goal to make every stay as unique, accomodating,and pleasant as possible. I am so glad we were able to provide you with that wonderful experience and we hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 9 November 2012

This hotel is ideally located, but somewhat hidden from the main road. The front desk was very accommodating and very welcoming. My room was very clean, comfortable and well appointed. This hotel is right off the main street, in close proximity to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend this hidden gem!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that you found our location so convenient for your needs. We hope to see you back soon at the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 25 October 2012

Recently spent two nights at the Courtyard in Normal. This is a very typical updated Courtyard hotel. The lobby is large and inviting and includes a cafe that serves breakfast and some lighter lunch/dinner items. Our room, a King on the first floor, was clean, updated and comfortable. The staff was great! I found them to be friendly and anxious to help. I stay at a lot of Courtyards. I would say that this is one of my favorites. Great value, too. I don't think that you can go wrong staying here. Enjoy!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel and your stay! Guest satisfaction is our main priority and when a guest says our staff was great and that we are one of their favorite Courtyards, it really helps us to know that we are on the right track! We hope to see you back soon and thank you again for taking time to write such a thoughtful review!

Reviewed 6 October 2012

I am from Fort Collins Colorado and recently moved to Chicago for art school. I bought a ticket to a concert at the US Cellular Coliseum not knowing exactly how far it was from the city! Panicked when I finally got there, my friend and I were in need of a place to stay for the night. A man named Sebastian happened to be working the front desk and was exactly the person that we needed. He had information on all kinds of public transportation, including AMTRAK advice, as well as directions to the US Cellular and so much more. He was so pleasant and kind, had great eye contact and voice volume, and made our experience at your hotel so pleasant. We are very thankful for employees like Sebastian anywhere, but they are not easy to come across. You have a very special person on your team and we'd like to make sure he's recognized.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for the wonderful compliment on our employee! Here at the Bloomington Normal Courtyard we strive to make sure our guests have top-notch service and it is always a pleasure to hear that our staff made that happen! I sincerely hope you will stay with us again during your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a clean basic hotel with updated lobby and very friendly staff. Although breakfast isn't included, there is free Wi-Fi throughout property. I preferred the free Wi-Fi over breakfast anyway. Since this was a last minute business trip, I think I was given an accessible room based on availability. The room is fine, but it's awfully dark. And the hot water in the shower is not very hot. This may also be due to the fact that it's an accessible room.

Staff is very friendly and the property is clean. I have no complaints and would recommend this for anyone looking for a simple, affordable, basic room with easy access to local Bloomington attractions.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Donnell H, Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for your feedback and kind words about our staff. My apologies for the inconveniences you experienced with the lighting and hot water; I want to assure you that these issues have been addressed We value all of our guests' feedback and use it to evaluate what can be done to improve our hotel as well as what we are doing right. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will keep the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard in mind next time you stay in the area.
Sincerely
Donnell Hoeniges

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Very nice people and service staff. Had a slight issue, but the Manager, Donnell took care of it. Will be back next year.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends