“Friendly staff, very nice room”

Courtyard Bloomington Normal
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Normal
Peoria, Illinois
“Friendly staff, very nice room”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Very happy w/ our room. King bed w/ pull out sofa for our 7-year-old. Very clean, modern, and comfy. I read a review that the room was tired looking- absolutely not true. The woman who greeted me was very nice and this was the easiest check in I've ever had. Good location, right off 55 and on a main street near shopping and food. Only complaint was breakfast- expensive and not that good. I would stay there again and would recommend to anyone- just hit Panera down the street the next morning.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms had balconies w/ chairs which was nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

In town for ISU graduation (as was EVERYONE else) and found this hotel warm and welcoming. Staff got in the spirit of the occasion congratulating everyone. Hotel charged double rates so it was not a great value. However, the price hike is understandable considering the demand for rooms on this weekend. On the plus side: well appointed and spacious guest rooms. On the needs improvement side, it's time to replace mattresses, at least in our two guest rooms on the third floor.

• Stayed May 2013
aurora
Reviewed 22 April 2013

04/12/13. Getting to the hotel wass easy and the girl at the front desk very pleasent. After a few hours noticed the phone in the room didn't work, so I called the front desk via my cell phone. The girl at the front desk came to the room within 5 minutes. At 0350 Sat morning, there were numerous LOUD bangs. Looking out the front window, there was a garbage truck loading the Hotels garbage. Between the 5 or 6 load BANGS and the beeping of the garbage truck, everyone in our room was awakened. The next morning when I mentioned it to the front desk, they said they had that problem before and that it was because of the store just south of the hotel. I told her no, it was her hotel's garbage that the truck was getting. Other than having a totally bad sleeping experience, everything else was very good. I paid extra to stay there, yet didn't get the sleep and quiet I paid for.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention! I apologize that you had a negative experience at our hotel. I want to assure you that guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and that the issues with the waste removal are being addressed. We hope with our continued efforts to improve, you will give the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott another try the next time you visit the area.
Midwest
Reviewed 10 March 2013

What a disappointment. Very worn property. The room was tired looking and the amenities lacking. The shampoo, conditioner and lotion all looked as if they had never been replaced from the previous occupant. The breakfast option at $10.00 was a total rip off. Limited choices and practically inedible. The only positive was the front desk staff who tried very hard to make it okay. But it wasn't.

Room Tip: There doesn't seem to be a good room, although some do have balconies for nicer weather.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rainylady0
Donnell H, Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all our guests and feedback is greatly appreciated as helps us identify our opportunities to better serve you. While I am pleased to learn our front desk associate was helpful, I am equally dismayed that your overall stay was disappointing. When you stay at a Marriott you come to trust that certain needs will be met; I am truly sorry that we did not meet those expectations. However, I am very grateful for the detailed list you provided us and I assure you we are working to address each item.
If there is any other way I may be of assistance or if you would like to discuss any other concerns regarding your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or e-mail.

Donnell Hoeniges
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 February 2013

The gentleman who greeted me last night was very helpful. He was very helpful with directions as well. I was a bit suprised that you didn't have any corporate rates with Bridgestone, who is probably one of the largest employers in the area. The room was clean, and as usual, great pillows! GREAT AND CHEERFUL STAFF

I normally like to use the work out room but was unable to, but thank you for having that available.

I was a bit disappointed in the following:

- Poor shower pressure
-Bath towels were quite small, something I would expect to see at a Fairfield
-Some of the furniture in my room was in need of repair(peeling laminate)
-No work telephone at my desk with speakerphone option

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, 16 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We strive to provide the best possible experience for all our guests and feedback is greatly appreciated as helps us identify our opportunities to better serve you. While I am pleased to learn our staff was cheerful, I am equally dismayed that your overall stay was disappointing. When you stay at a Marriott you come to trust that certain needs will be met; I am truly sorry that we did not meet those expectations. However, I am very grateful for the detailed list you provided us and I assure you we are working to address each item.
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 3 December 2012

I came to town for my daughter to be in the Twisted Cheer Competition. From the moment we checked in until we left the staff was great.

The staff was very attentive to my 5 year old, they brought up coloring books and crayons while we waited for dinner.

Our room was across from the elevator and next to the linen closet on the 2nd floor and I was worried. The room was perfect. I never heard any noise from the hall, linen closet or elevator. The pool was perfect for little swimmers too!

I will make this my place to stay when in Bloomington, IL!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Donnell H, General Manager at Courtyard Bloomington Normal, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott and for your kind words. It is our goal to make every stay as unique, accomodating,and pleasant as possible. I am so glad we were able to provide you with that wonderful experience and we hope to see you again soon the next time you are in the area!
Bolingbrook, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2012

This hotel is ideally located, but somewhat hidden from the main road. The front desk was very accommodating and very welcoming. My room was very clean, comfortable and well appointed. This hotel is right off the main street, in close proximity to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend this hidden gem!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and that you found our location so convenient for your needs. We hope to see you back soon at the Bloomington/Normal Courtyard by Marriott the next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Normal
Hyatt Place Bloomington - Normal
Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
Candlewood Suites Bloomington-Normal
Hampton Inn & Suites Bloomington-Normal
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 11 in Normal
Eastland Suites Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Courtyard Bloomington Normal? Share your experiences!