“Value for money”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Norridge
Arnhem
“Value for money”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Its an average hotel. You cant expect more for the money you pay here. Good value for money. Not more not less.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We read the reviews ahead of time so were not expecting much. We knew "breakfast" was only little debby cakes, no coffee pot, fridge or iron in room, no chain lock on door. Internet only in lobby but we were in room directly above so we had internet there. There is 24 hour coffee/tea in the lobby and a microwave that barely works. The good thing is that if you have to stay in that area, the train is only 10 minute walk away and takes about 45 minutes to get into downtown There is a grocery store across the street open 24 hours. I got bit by bugs over 15 times in 2 nights so bring bug spray. The carpet is disgusting and ruined our socks.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christina1212

Travellers are raving about these Norridge hotels

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I booked this hotel for $40 a night, needing somewhere cheap to stay. I did not expect much and my experience was true to the price: the public spaces are old and in need of repairs as the hallways smelled, walls were peeling, lights were missing covers. My room was actually ok, the lighting was bad, the TV was missing the remote, and the shower floor was not n good shapre (i wore flip-flops in thenshower. BUT the room was clean which was what I was most concerned about. Yes, breakfast is coffee and ho-hos but it is free. The staff was not the friendliest either, but I was not paying for service. Also, there is a free shuttle, but it is it not run on any schedule so you may end up waiting for a ride. Getting picked up from the airport was a nightmare as I had to wait an hour, but the other mornings the driver took to me to the EL and I had no problems after that. He was actually very nice and accommodating. There is a grocery store nearby with a Starbucks if you don't like the Hooters as a food option next door. Also, you can walk to the EL if needed...overall I actually would stay here again for $40 (and I can be a hotel snob).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Heidi M
Indiana
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for a park-stay-fly 3 times. Each time we say we won't go back but the price had us. we just need a bed and a shuttle to the airport. We would always look for bedbugs (Never found any) but overall it is just really old and dirty. We are not picky travelers. Have never been able to have breakfast because our flights leave too early Butttttttt the last straw was when we waited for over an hour to get the shuttle back to our car at the end of our trip. Called 2 times only to be told the shuttle was on its way will only be 10-15 minutes. They must tell everyone that. I have no explanation of why it took them so long. Sometimes if you just tell us why we can understand. When we were finally picked up I looked at the clock in the shuttle and it took us 7 minutes to return to the hotel. WHY THEN DOES IT TAKE AN HOUR FOR THEM TO ARRIVE? They lost a customer in us. We could overlook alot but when you have traveled all day you do not want to wait an hour to get back to your car. Customer Service is #1 in my experience.

Room Tip: Don't go it is terrible.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank LoveTravelSouth
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I know you get what you pay for, but really - is there a "0" rating that can be given?
We just needed an economical one-night hotel stay during a layover in Chicago. OMG - this hotel is THE WORST I have ever stayed in. I don't normally take out the time to comment on the internet but this time I felt compelled to so that no one else gets misinformed and ripped off like we did! The Shuttle took 1 hour to arrive, the hotel is dingy, rundown and disgusting, the bathroom is horrid (no words to describe) and the only breakfast they had in the morning (if you can believe it) was CHOCOLATE COVERED TWINKIES and nothing else, no juice, no toast, nothing!!! Their website is completely misleading - don't be fooled! PLEASE, whatever you do, find somewhere else to stay - trust me, you'll be doing yourself a favour!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Chartright
Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I got in to O'Hare around midnight and had an early connecting flight so I decided to stay the night in a nearby hotel. I booked online and reserved a king sized bed. The shuttle was fairly prompt and the desk staff was friendly. But they didn't have my king bed - I took a double. No problem. The lobby is nice but the rooms are pretty shabby. The bathroom was clean and the hot shower was great. The bed was squishy but comfortable. I had asked the front if they had overnight kits because the airline had lost my bag with toothbrush, etc. but they didn't. The sheets were clean as well as the pillowcases. The one thing that really concerned me was no chain lock on the door, it looked like it had been ripped off several times and I wasn't sure if the main lock even worked but no one tried to come in during the night.

The hotel was pretty noisy - heard a lot of traffic and noise from the other rooms because of the thin walls. Overall, for the price, it was OK. I do think they should either spruce up the rooms a bit or lower the price about $5-7 because the value is really about a $32-35 room. It is slightly nightmarish but I'm used to staying in worse conditions in order to save a bit of money so it wasn't awful for me. It also wasn't a pleasant surprise. Also, wireless is only in the lobby and breakfast is hilarious. Don't stay away from this hotel, but don't expect much.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sarahwebbes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norridge
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#137 of 190 in Chicago
O'Hare
Renaissance Chicago O'Hare Suites Hotel
Hyatt Regency O'Hare
#8 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Chicago O'Hare Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!