“Authentic & good German food”
Review of Edelweiss

Edelweiss
Reserve with OpenTable
Edelweiss is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Norridge
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Fun
2,621 restaurant reviews
“Authentic & good German food”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Walking in past the recently added outdoor garden, you are transported to a Bavarian town with great food. The liver dumpling soup is excellent, tasty and there is a giant dumpling in the cup of soup. We tried the rindsrouladen - thinly sliced beef stuffed with carrots and onions, and more, with a side of spatzle and red cabbage. We also had the weinerschnitzel also with the spatzle and red cabbage. Everything was tasty. They have an assortment of German beers (naturally) and good wines. There was more than enough food and we found we had no room for any desserts. One dish that did catch our eye and is on our list of dishes to try is the bayerische schweinshaxxe - a 3 lb pork shank that is presented very well.

• Visited July 2013

Bartlett, Illinois
“German Food das es good!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

i was in Frankfurt Germany for 3 years and ate a lot of German food but let me tell you this restaurant has a great food selection, excellent beers, and a great ambience. I got the Edelweiss paltter and thoughtly enjoy stuffing my face and washing it down with a good german beer, would highly recommend this place. they have and outdoor beer garden booyah! Not to expensive, wanted dessert but was too full.

• Visited July 2013
“Consistent every time!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I always wait to review a restaurant until I have tried it several times. The Edelweiss has exceeded expectations time after time. From the wide selection of imported beer to the authentic German dishes there is truly no way to go wrong. We typically go with big appetites yet always manage to go home with some delicious leftovers...Have to love a place where the portions are as great as the food itself! We live in the city somewhat near the Chicago Brauhaus yet find ourselves heading out to Norridge when we want to have a really great German meal. Yum!

• Visited June 2013
“Authenic German Food”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Looks like you're in Germany as soon as you walk in. The pretzels are amazing and all the food I've tried has been delicious since they changed. The german dumplings get me everytime. Weiss beer is delicious here as well. :)

• Visited March 2013
Des Plaines, Illinois
“Schnitzel !”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My wife and I went to Edelweiss. She had passed by it for years and not we went.
I liked the German restaurant look. Our waitress Michelle H. was great. She was very attentive,we enjoyed her. I ordered the Chicken Schnizel lunch. I settled for the German Fries as my side dish. I was torn between the spatsle or the red Cabbage. Luckily Michelle brought me a small taste of teh Red cabbage. I am stil torn between all 3 choices so that means a return trip is in the futures. My wife had the Potato Pancakes that she enjoyed. Michelle was a new waitress. I enjoyed the quaint atmosphere and the food was very good. We will be back!! We are going back for the brunch, it looks inviting! Thank you!

• Visited June 2013