“One of the best German restaurants I've ever been”
Review of Edelweiss

Edelweiss
Reserve with OpenTable
Edelweiss is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 62 Restaurants in Norridge
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family Fun
Shelby Township, Michigan
“One of the best German restaurants I've ever been”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Don't expect fancy. Actually is outdated... But the food... Oh my! Excellent cannot describe it! We had schnitzels (wiener, pork and chicken) with spatzels, cabbage and German potatoes. And it was just SUPERB!!!! Not much left over even though they are generous portions.
Excellent bread and we had the chicken vegetable soup - just awesome!
Nice beer selection. We were planning to have dessert (they look awesome) but unfortunately we ate too much and couldn't handle dessert.
If you are around Chicago and like German food you HAVE to go,

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Eleonora K
Matt K, Owner at Edelweiss, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Eleonora,

Have a great day.

Matt

Frankfort, Indiana, United States
“3 lb Pork Shank Dinner WAY TOO MUCH”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great food with old world flavor. We had liver ball soup, potato pancakes, salad and hard rye bread for starters. Saw a 3 lb pork shank dinner with bread dumplings and sauerkraut on the menu. NO way this could be eaten in one sitting. Bring a hearty appetite for authentic German food

Visited July 2014
Matt K, Owner at Edelweiss, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Ed-Suzi P,
Thank you for your wonderful review, we look forward to seeing you back at Edelweiss restaurant. Have a great day.

Matt
Torremolinos, Spain
“Nice German Restaurant”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Most of the German restaurants in the Chicago area have closed during the years and it was nice to find a good one still open. We stopped here for lunch. We had the rouladen and chicken schnitzel. Both dishes and the service were very good. We plan to stop again

• Visited December 2013
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“It's just not for me...!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I'm of German ethnicity & have never been to a "real" German restaurant. Thought I'd give Edelweiss a try. Went on Saturday during Oktoberfest...place was packed. Small, cozy bar area. I was seated in the dining room near the live band...it was deafening! My waitress was super friendly and helpful & gave good suggestions on beer selection. Ordered the Edelweiss Platter...smaller than what I expected for $25...but a good sampling. I REALLY wanted the food to be something REALLY special...for me, it wasn't. My best desciption...Simple. Nothing I tasted made me want to come back for more or try something else. I'm glad I went for the experience...but would only return (perhaps) to try the different German beers on tap.
Of note...my son & friends, who have been to other German restaurants from different regions, have all said the same thing about the food..."You don't get what you pay for...they're all overpriced".

• Visited October 2013
California
“Great Dining Experience!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This place is amazing. Great food, great service and an amazing atmosphere!
Special thanks to your waiter Peter who provided an outstanding service the whole evening.
The only negative, if I could call it that, is the live entertainment....it could use some improvement!
Other then that, it was great!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GaeaTraveller

Been to Edelweiss? Share your experiences!