“Fantastic food!”
Review of The Turf Room

The Turf Room
Reserve with OpenTable
The Turf Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in North Aurora
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Randall Road
Description: The Turf Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Turf Room never disappoints. The crackling fire inside or out adds to the ambience. The food is delicious and the service is impeccable. Great choice for lunch, dinner, or their Frisay Happy Hour.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Turf Room is a very unique place. We have had dinner there many times. The previous chief Shaun was stuck in his ways. He would not change much on the menu. The steaks were not that great. The Kobe burger is great, pizza great, lobster rolls great, escargot great. Now there is a new chief. He has changed the steaks to PRIME. The menu is changing for the good. I see many good things in the future for the TURF ROOM.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Love this restaurant. If it's not raining or snowing you can sit outdoors near several outdoor fireplaces. Not keen on outdoors? Go ahead and enjoy their indoor fireplace! Only advice-bring a light to read the menu with as it can be kind of dark.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I are not usually "fancy" restaurant goers but we decided to treat ourselves for our 20th anniversary. This was a great decision. Everyone we came across wished us Happy Anniversary. Our waitress from Malta was very knowledgeable and personable. She guided us to a few foods that are generally out of our comfort zone---I got the coffee encrusted steak, not something I would usually order but it was fantastic. The entire meal was different and delicious. To top it off, we were given a complimentary dessert with champagne. All in all, it was a wonderful experience and special kudos to our waitress for paying close attention to all details and giving us great advice. The wood burning fireplace inside AND outside is very cool. We will certainly go back to this place without hesitation.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Normally great restaurant with great food. Stick with that, not hosting parties. Made a reservation weeks in advance to watch the Derby inside at a reserved table. When I made my reservation, I was able to pick my table and was told portable tv's would be set up right across from my booth to watch the races. To my disappointment, when I arrived I was given the booth but not a tv within 50'! I mentioned this to the young girl who served as hostess, and she did the right thing by taking my concern to the manager. She came back a few minutes later and said "the manager" said there was nothing she could do about the tv situation. You think the manager could of stopped by herself to understand my concern?? How can you host a Kentucky Derby party when your guests can't see the races!! The folks in the booth next to us complained about the same thing.

My words of advice-go there as a restaurant, but avoid any special parties they host. They have a lot of work to do so they understand why their guests are there. So disappointed.