“Best value for the price”

Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in North Chicago
Lake Elsinore, California
“Best value for the price”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

After reviewing some of the negative feedback, we weren't sure if we should stay. Since it was the closest to the Great Lakes Naval Training Facility, we decided to stay. Glad we did, the room was clean, and we had no issues, and all of the staff were great. The building is well maintained, and there are several places to eat that are within walking distance.

6 Thank J R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I am suprised at the negative reviews, because for the price, we got exactly what we expected. The biggest downer was there was no coffee pot. The big plus was that it is so close to the base. The room was old and outdated but clean. If you want a 4 or 5 star hotel atmosphere, pay for it. We knew what we were getting into.

6 Thank annalee21
Byron Center, Michigan
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My son was graduation from the Great Lakes Naval Training Facility and I had researched dozens of hotels in the area. Most said the area lodging was below par, gross, and dumpy. So I figured I'd have to spend 3 times my budget to find a clean and comfortable hotel. Well we found the Red Carpet Inn and loved it! It's no 5 star resort by any means but the rooms were very clean, smelled fresh, beds and bedding were clean and very comfortable! I alway ask for extra pillows and they brought them immediately! The best part about it was the free shuttle to and from the Naval Graduation. Saved us the hastle of driving in a city we were unfamiliar with, parking, and traffic. The bonus was it was only $57.00 a night!!! Definately consider this hotel if you are attending your child's graduation!!!

12 Thank Braileys
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed one night the week before Christmas on our way from the south to family in northern Wisconsin. The people were pleasant enough and the stay was ok until when we woke in the morning to discover a large bug (water bug or roach) crawling across the ceiling. When we took it to the front office they accused me of planting this bug or rather bringing it with us in order to demand a free night. Then sent a cleaning person to check the room and of course didn't find any more. And then told us we were lying. We would not recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I chose this hotel because it is so close to the Recruit training Command and A-school (like 2miles give or take) being from new york though it sucks that there isn't a sidewalk to walk there so you always need to call a cab or if you're lucky have a rental. Though the inn has a phone to directly call cab service (they even give you coupons so you can save $6 on local rides or $15 to the airport). The rooms are very simple, old fashion looking and the cleaning is done everyday so you always have new towels/soap etc :) no bugs or anything so that's a plus! (i always worry about those things when booking new places) so no worries! I've been there 3 different times with different rooms and the conditions are all the same! They give breakfast in the morning 6-10am its just coffee and some packaged honey buns but meh its free :p You want good breakfast go to Baker's Square near the Gurnee Mills Mall they're good :D Flannagan's (its a restaurant next to the inn & it is a bit disappointing sorry, they're coffee is good but really thats all they got going <_<) The concierge are very friendly and helpful. Overall its an ideal place to book since the rate is the least inexpensive and closest to the navy base.
Hopefully this helps with anyone curious about the place :D

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank NavyWife87
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2011

I stayed here for my daughter bootcamp graduation. A good, quite and clean place. Friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank anamorazan
North Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have been staying here for about six months while searching for a new home. This is a family owned hotel so the staff is very friendly, helpful and honest. They returned a robe to me I didn't even notice was missing at least a month after I misplaced it. If I have mail at the front desk, they call me personally to tell me I have a package or parcel. I get maid service three times a week so tonight when I get home from work I will have a clean room and fresh linen and towels. The location is great close to the base, restaurants, shopping and tollroads so its easy to find and get around. If you are looking for the Ritz then pay double at one of the overpriced, national chain hotels. But if you are looking for clean, reasonable, and a great location with a friendly, honest staff then this is your place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Candlewood Suites Chicago Waukegan
Courtyard Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee
Residence Inn Chicago Waukegan/Gurnee

Been to Red Carpet Inn N. Chicago? Share your experiences!