“A safe bet”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Columbus, OH
“A safe bet”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stay at the Sheraton Northbrook on average 2 times per month. The front desk is friendly and always greet me warmly. I know that my room will be clean and well maintained. The hotel also has a shuttle that is available for short distances. If you are a gambler, the Sheraton Northbrook is a bet you can cash in on.

Room Tip: Pick room at end of hallway
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very proud of our hotel and our team. Guest satisfaction is our number one priority. From a warm greeting when you check in, to a clean, new room and local transportation, we try to make every aspect travelling carefree. Please say hello next time you are in. If you need anything or help with reservations, please contact me direct. Geri - 847/897-6404. Thanks again for the review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2011

I travel on business frequently and the hotel staff, hotel accomadations, and ammenities (i.e. availability of a shuttle to take you to dinner, to business meetings, etc.) make my life so much easier!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2011
It is so nice to hear from you! I appreciate the feedback and I will share your comments with our team. I am so proud to be a part of this hotel and work with this team. I can tell you that we are ranked in the top 10% of all Sheraton Hotels in North American for guest satisfaction but as you know you can feel it when you walk in the door. The shuttle is a great service. Once you get to the hotel you don't have to worry about having a rental car which is big savings. We know travelling should be glamerous but in reality can be extremely stressful which is why when you come back week after week we want to make sure you can get down to business and not have to worry about the small details which usually end up causing the most stress. Please say hello next time you are here. If you need anything during your stay, please let me know. One reminder, book your future reservations early. Thanks again. Geri
Farmington, UT
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Can't find a nicer and more hospitable group of employees who will make all attempts to make your stay a great experience. The free shuttle service within 5 miles of the hotel is definitely a plus for going out to eat and getting to your place of business. Room service is timely and the Executive Lounge for members is a great bonus. Wouldn't think of stating any where else within the area.

Room Tip: Recommend making reservations ASAP - fills up fas!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am extremely proud of our team here at the hotel. We have been ranked in the top 10% of all Sheraton Hotels in North America in guest satisfaction since we opened the hotel in October 2008. Being a smaller hotel we get to know our guests and you are correct when you say to book early because we do fill up. Please let me know when you are going to be at the hotel so I can say hello. If you ever need help with reservations you can call me direct at 847/897-6404. Again, thank you so much for staying with us. We do appreciate your business.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The Sheraton Northbrook hotel is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at. I have spent countless nights in hotels on business across the United States and Canada for business and the Sheraton staff make you feel at home and are always willing to go out of their way to ensure your stay is pleasant.

I lived out of a suitcase for 2+ years but they definitely made the travel easy.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. From a traveller on the road 2+ years this review speaks volumes. I really appreciate you sharing this review with us. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to our team. We have consistantly ranked in the top 10% of all Sheraton Hotels in North America since we opened in October 2008. Being a smaller hotel we get to know our guests and really want to make sure that your stay is enjoyable. Please say hello next time you are here. Should you need help with future reservations feel free to give me a call. Thank you again for your review. I will be sure to share with our team. Geri
Denver, CO
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I stayed here after I missed a connection in Chicago. After having stayed in a slightly grubby-feeling hotel in Orlando this was just what I needed. Brand new, very clean, with a huge fluffy bed. What a relief! And free wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank daniellescm
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2011
Thanks for staying with us. Travel is extremely stressful especially because nothing is in your control. Fortunately we have partnered with airport accommodations for distressed passengers from O'Hare International Airport. We are 16 miles but I think we are worth the ride. Glad we could help make your trip a little nicer!
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed 23 April 2011

I've stayed more than once, always on business. Pros: nice; clean; good bed; contemporary furnishing; fitness center; free wifi; free parking; good shuttle service, as well as good service at the bar and front desk; there's a cvs pharmacy , whole foods, best buy, and other stores and restaurants at a 5 minutes walking distance. Cons: Can be a little noisy if you get a room close to the elevators or the service room/storage, you may hear the housekeeping; last time - feb/mar 2011 - we (other colleagues said the same) spent one entire day without hot water at the bathroom, almost impossible to wash your face, brush your teeth or take a shower (especially for someone from a tropical weather like me!). Anyway, I would recommend the hotel to a friend! (as the hot water issue only happened once - although I saw similar issues on other reviews).

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
gpatterson04, Director of Sales at Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Thank you for your review. Reading your review I have having flashbacks to that morning. We did have a mechanical problem that morning and it was fixed quickly. I am so sorry that you had to experience a cold Chicago morning without hot water. We appreciate you and your team staying with us. You also made an excellent point about housekeeping and we used the opportunity to remind our team to be quiet on the floors and avoid letting doors slam. Let me know the next time you will be staying with us. I am extremely proud of our hotel and we get even better from feedback like yours. Geri
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 November 2010

The Sheraton Northbrook is one of a new model of Sheratons in local areas attempting a "country inn" style feel with laid-back staff and a relatively small number of rooms.

Rooms are solid, although unspectacular, and the walls on occasion feel a bit thin. The barstaff are hilarious, though sometimes they can be unavailable for long periods of time. The food at the restaurant is extremely unvaried and unhealthy - giant buckets of salad or greasy meat sandwiches.

The lounge on the 5th floor is nicer (by US standards - e.g. no free alcohol), is generally pretty empty and has a couple great members of staff looking out for guests.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. Our hotel opened in October 2008 and we were the new proto-type for the Sheraton brand. I don't think "country inn" would describe us but I do get what your saying. During the week we are definitely a corporate hotel with a very corporate feel. I took your comments on our food to our food and beverage director. Because of your suggestion they have created a new menu with heart healthy items so there are many more choices. We are also offering nightly specials for added variety. Next time you will be staying with us, please let me know I would love to hear what you think about the new menu. Also our bartenders were doing room service orders and when delivering orders would be away from the bar. Due to our comments and getting busier with room service we have hired a room service attendant and our bartenders are always available to make their awesome drink specials. Thanks so much for your feedback. Because of reviews like yours we will continue to get better and be able to offer our guests a higher level of service. Thanks again. Geri
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Hilton Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Staybridge Suites Glenview
Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago North Shore/Skokie
Residence Inn Chicago Wilmette

Been to Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!