“clean, quiet, expensive”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“clean, quiet, expensive”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

decent theater, but a bit on the pricey side. go for a matinee, or save it for the movies that are really worth seeing on a big screen.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank BudgetBeachTraveler

Chicago
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Balaban and Katz has left this world.”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

It is a theater, like any multi screen american theater. Stadium seating is good, number of screens is good, and location(s) is good. No classics, no foriegn, no art, but perfect for first run.

Visited January 2013
Northbrook, IL
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Nice theater, Well maintained”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

This is a nice clean theater but is more expensive than the Regal theater in the Glen. Also, parking is less convenient. The AMC rewards program is one you have to pay for while other theaters have benefit programs without having to pay up front. As a result, this theater is better for those to go the the movies much more often than we do.

Visited January 2013
Oswego, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“High Cost for a Lousy Experience”
Reviewed 8 November 2012

In my last (and final) visit to an AMC Theatre location, I spent $40 dollars. I won't deny that sometimes the experience costs that much money, and I accept that ticket prices are high almost everywhere, but what I received in service was worth maybe $10.
AMC offers food choices in addition to their regular concessions, but the food was pasty and cold, despite the fact that they ran their "fried foods" through a giant heater. It took 10 minutes to receive what I payed for, and I almost missed my show.
In the sticky, uncleaned auditorium, I eventually found a seat. I use the word "eventually," because there were no lights in the aisle to show me where the ends of the rows were, and I had to stumble through the dimly lit theatre without any other light.
When the movie started, there was a very long and uncomfortable pause between the ads and the trailers, causing us to wonder if they had made an error in the projection booth. After the movie was underway, I heard several people complain that the movie was too dim to be worth their ticket price.
I was severely disappointed in the presentation of the film, the condition of the theatre, and the service I was provided by the staff. If you have to see a movie and the closest theatre is an AMC, I would consider driving a few extra miles to get to a Kerasotes or a local chain.

Visited May 2012
chicago
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 181 helpful votes
“Good Theatre”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

AMC could up grade their seats, but overall a good theater. We go to this theater at least 1/month. Service is always good, they keep it clean, bathrooms are clean too.

Visited October 2012

Been to AMC Theatres? Share your experiences!