“Food stays hot and juicy until the last bite!!”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dundee / Sunset Ridge
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House in Northbrook, IL serves the finest USDA Prime beef available, broiled at 1,800° and served on 500° plates, so your steak stays hot, juicy and delicious from first bite to last. Enjoy our New Orleans-inspired appetizers, USDA Prime steaks, fresh seafood, signature side dishes and homemade desserts. All this while you enjoy our warm, inviting atmosphere and Ruth’s Chris’ genuine hospitality. So whether you’re a regular or have just been wondering what all the buzz is about, Ruth's Chris is the perfect excuse to enjoy the perfect night out. Dinner is served nightly, reservations are suggested and private dining and offsite catering may be arranged.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The filet and shrimp mmmm mmmm good! I love my food hot hot hot!! Trust me from beginning to end your food is hot and delicious! I eat slow its still hot even when i ask for a doggy bag!! Its pricey but worth splurging on!! Can't wait to go again an again!

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Ruth's Chris Northbrook continues to maintain its high standards both in cuisine and personnel. We always return, knowing we will have a superb meal and will also have the warmth of the servers and managers who welcome us.
What's new at Ruth's Chris ?
The creativity of Chef Sergio who has introduced new items to the menu , shows his genius. His smoked salmon starter is not only delicious, but beautifully presented, Sergio has been at Ruth's Chris for well over 15 years, and is a self-taught maestro. His favorite cut of beef , and ours, is bone-in ribeye. My favorite starter is his barbecued shrimp (5) served over fantastic seasoned mashed potatoes.
All desserts are made in-house and very worth ordering. The selection is incredible. There is a delectable little dark chocolate dream, much like a lava cake or flourless chocolate cake, but not quite either. You have to try it for yourself !

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went to Ruth Chris in Northbrook, IL on November 2, 2013 at 5pm. We made a reservation for 5pm.

SERVICE: Waiter was knowledgeable and nice. There was only one time where the waiter had not came back to our table for a long time that I had to ask the buss-boy if he could get me another drink. Other than that the server was great.

APPETIZER
***Veal Osso Buco Ravioli (Review: BF got this and he enjoyed it)
***Barbecued Shrimp with a bread with sauce (Review: I got this, it wasn't bbq flavoring as i thought it would be or encountered with other restaurants who made bbq shrimp but it was good)

SALAD
***Steak House Salad with bacon (Review: I got this, was superbly delicious)
***Harvest Salad (Review: BF got this and he liked it very much)
SIDES
***Potatoes au Gratin (Review: we both had this and it was real good and had leftovers of it)
***Broccoli au Gratin (Review: we both had this and it was delicious that we ate it all up)

ENTREE
***Stuffed Chicken Breast (Review: we both had this, my bf liked it a lot. I didn't care for the flavors of the cheese stuff sauce inside but the chicken was good. I was too full to eat mine too so took 85% of it home.)

DESSERT
***Warm Apple Crumb Tart (Review: Boyfriend got this and I tasted it. This was the BEST ever, i bought a 2nd one to take home for another day, that's how good it was. And the next day it tasted just as delicious)
***Molten Chocolate Cake w/ Scoop of ice cream (Review: I got this and could not finish it as i was full but took a couple of bites and it was good but not as wonderful as the Warm Apple Crumb Tart.)

Portion size are very nice so definitely share your appetizer or you will fill up fast before your entree gets to the table.

I will definitely be back to this place as its food and service is real good.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is such a great place to have a special dinner in the burbs. It is NOT hotel dining. The restaurant is really acoustically friendly...you can have a conversation and hear everyone at your table. The food is always outstanding.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

OK, this is the second time I've eaten here and the steaks are really good. My wife and I had the chef's selection of soup, rib eye, sides and dessert for $51 each. It's not cheap but worth every cent. Service was excellent. This is my go to steak house in Chicago.