“Best restaurant in Northbrook”

Francesco's Hole In The Wall
Ranked #3 of 124 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This have been my favorite restaurant in Northbrook for many years and have never been disappointed. My wife and I always start with the Hole in the Wall salad and love all the pasta dishes. The restaurant is very small and always busy. My advice is to go early or be prepared to have a glass of wine while you wait for a table. Definitely worth the wait and you can tell that everything is made by hand. Their desserts are great too.

1  Thank Erick W

Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Hole in the Wall is simply one of the best meals you can have in Chicagoland. I have not had better in town and only some of what I have had in Italy is better. We have been here many times over many years and it is consistently excellent food. The pastas are great, the seafood is always excellent, and the meat dishes are wonderful. Favorites include the Osso Bucco, Frank's Favorite Pasta, Chicken Vesuvio, Linguini with Clam Sauce. In actuality, I can't say we have ever not liked much of anything, nor can i say I have ever heard anyone say they don't like the place. The menu always has excellent variety and does change but they will pretty much make you what you want. It is small, as the name would imply, and waits can be long on weekends and prime times. Go early if you can, but go!

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We were at the Chicago Botanic Gardens and looked on TA for something close. Great option! We shared a beet salad, had rigatoni with sausage and arugula and spaghetti with shrimp and kale, 2 glasses wine and 1 beer - $80.
We got there when it opened (5pm on Saturday) and got one of the last tables. Its small and busy.
I'm not a big person but I have to say it is tight, including the rest rooms.
We are not from the area, but would go there again. Looked like lot of locals.
Service was great.
The veal meatballs and the artichoke appetizers looked really good!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very good food, very good, friendly place. We like it. We had a good pleasant dinner, and could recommend for dinner.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Hole in the Wall salad was great, as were the two pastas we tried. We brought 2 kids (5 and 3). Reviews don't mention this as a kid-friendly restaurant, but we were treated very nicely.