“Friendly & Professional”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Shawano, Wisconsin
“Friendly & Professional”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My family stayed one Wednesday night after a fun filled day at Great America. Our room was nice and clean. The beds & pillows were very comfy! Since we stayed on the 10th floor, we had access to the Club Lounge. Too cool! There, we met Robert. He was the "man in charge" of the Club Lounge Wednesday night and I must say he is the epitome of customer service. This guy truly enjoys his job. Robert bent over backward to make sure our visit was memorable! Thursday morning we met Elizabeth at the Club Lounge during breakfast......again, outstanding, friendly service and she shared her vast knowledge of the surrounding area. Breakfast rocked and Elizabeth never let me see the bottom of my coffee cup! Kudos to a very well run hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear Mike T,
Even though you had a short stay, it sounds like you really connected with a few staff members and were able to enjoy our facility, especially the Club Lounge! I agree, Elizabeth and Robert are fantastic ambassadors and provide great guest service on the Club floors.
I hope we will have the good fortune of welcoming you back in the near future... I believe Great America is opening a new roller coaster soon!
Best regards,
Rik Blyth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Best service ever received. The staff was very cooperating and helping. The room was very clean and nice, The shuttle service was very good. They have a nice swimming pool. Really We would like to revisit!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear sasmitatrip,
Thank you for the glowing review and all the positive comments! I am very pleased that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel and will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire staff.
Clarksville
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Upon arrival the clerk Adam was nice and knowledgeable. I unpacked and dialed "0" to ask a question. I hear upon answering "they killin me today, UGH, hello". Someone doesn't like their job obviously. When returning from dinner I get ready for bed around 9:45pm. Pull comforter back to find STAINS on middle pillow and all over the comforter. Plus MULTIPLE hairs. Beyond disgusting. I dial "0" and ask for the sheets to be changed. 30+ minutes later housekeeping decides to finally come and says "it ok it chemical". Well I don't think it's ok and the hairs indicate this bed wasn't cleaned after the last guest. She replaced the sheets but placed the newly clean pillows ON THE FLOOR. I was so tired I gave up and slept without pillows. Next day housekeeping cleaned but left the pillows on the floor. Next day I asked for additional shampoo, twice, each time it was going to be brought up but never was.
HORRIBLE SERVICE AND CLEANLINESS. Lobby decor is amazing tho.

• Stayed August 2014
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear KSpalding 33,
Please accept my sincere apologies for this unacceptable experience. As you can see from the previous reviews posted on this site, this is not a common occurance and I am appalled that it happened to you. It is my understanding that we have already refunded that night's room charges to you, after you brought this situation to the attention of our Customer Care team.

Upon investigation, we have found that the room you were checked in to was used by a guest who departed a day early. Because we don't change sheets every day for in-house guests unless requested, the bed was simply re-made. When that guest left later in the day, the room was re-cleaned, but the bed was not stripped and re-made.
Proper communication and re-training of staff is underway to prevent this from recurring.
Regards,
Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in August. Very reasonable rates for the quality of the hotel. The lobby is modern and the front desk staff very efficient and friendly. The room was nicely appointed, very clean and modern. King bed was comfy! Nice towels and linens. There is an on-site restaurant and room service, however we were not there long enough to use it. We did however, on the evening we checked in, go to Ruth Chris Steak House and had a great dinner! It is connected to the hotel. Free parking is always a bonus!!! If we were ever in the area we would definitely stay here again and recommend it!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B3achLov3r
Dear B3achLov3r,
Thank you for the compliments! I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed both our service and facilities... even for such a short stay.
I will pass on your praise to the manager of Ruth's Chris, it is also my favorite restaurant in the area, and you can't beat the convenience!
Chandler, AZ, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I checked in last night and wow! Cute, comfortable, and connected to Ruth Chris steak house! They even have a nice souvenir shop onsite for trips. I have a king room on the 6th floor. I slept great, I have a window view, and ordering room service! They have a nicely decorated restaurant and bar! Swimming pool and hot tub is a plus! I have four more nights to go! So far, so good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Jennifer M,
Thank you for such a prompt, up to the minute review! I trust that the remainder of your stay was also very enjoyable?
Please let me know if you will be returning to the area, we'll make sure to give you a repeat performance!
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Clean hotel and great staff. Will stay again with work.

Beds were comfy. Rooms a good size.

Food was good with the catered meal for business

Bar was swanky and had a good singer w piano.

Gym is a bit small.

Like the driver that drove me to shops nearby.

Stayed June 2014
Rik B, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Shonna M,
I greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your Renaissance experience with me! I was happy to see that our facilities and staff made such a positive impression on you and I hope you are able to return again soon.
Kansas City
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior is completely stunning. It has obviously been renovated recently, and every surface is impeccably clean. My 10-year-old daughter was very intrigued by the art-design of the lobby, and that design carried into the corridors and rooms as well.

The rooms had some of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. Bathrooms were perfectly clean.

The pool was clean, spacious, and the pool room has a ping pong table. Lots of fun.

We didn't try the restaurant, but I hear it has received critical acclaim with local magazines.

Room Tip: If you are staying at this hotel and intend to spend a lot of time in downtown Chicago, drive from t...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear comfortablynumb79,
Wondering if you are a fellow Pink Floyd fan? Thanks so much for your very kind comments and observations. I was happy to read that you loved our new decor and am happy to share that the exterior is getting a facelift next year as well!
Your recommendation to take the train into the city is spot on and I am glad you discovered this easy and fast method of enjoying all that Chicago has to offer.
We hope to welcome you back again soon...
Rik Blyth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Near North Side
The Langham, Chicago
The Langham, Chicago
#2 of 188 in Chicago
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,250 reviews

Been to Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel? Share your experiences!