“Quick stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
USA
“Quick stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

We spent one unexpected night at this hotel. We missed our connection at Chicago O'hare and because of other weather delays and cancellations all nearby hotels were full. The front desk staff was very friendly and arranged airport transportation and a wake up call. We arrived after midnight and headed back to the airport at 6:30am.

My only complaint if you can call it that was that we reserved a King room but were given a room with two double beds. We were too tired to worry about moving or care. The rooms looked a little dated but everything was in great condition, so it just may not be going for a modern feel. The friendly front desk staff was just what we needed after a long and tiring day.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for the lovely feedback about our hotel staff. I sincerly apologize that we were unable to accomadate your reserved room type. Our front desk department goes through a extensive process each day to ensure that our guests recieve the room they anticipated. Unfortunatley, at times we do not have the same availibilty due to guests extending their stays with us. Once again, I apologize for the incovenience and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Bettendorf, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stay at Hilton chains all the time for work and pleasure. I found this little gem because I was in Chicago for an event the same weekend as the Lollapalooza Concert downtown Chicago and availability of rooms further in was very limited. Normally I would stay closer to downtown but I can say without a doubt I will now continue to use the Northbrook Hilton as my launch pad for the city. Great prices and a great staff. We were upgraded to the huge Waterford Suite at no cost and the staff went out of their way to take care of us bringing us extra coffee, checking on taxi's and giving us advice as needed. The customer service was a breath of fresh air in today's world. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to all my friends. The drive downtown was a mere 20 minutes and it was nice to return the peace and serenity of this hotel. I highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member ask for an upgrade. If the hotel isn't full the GM is great ab...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for the Excellent review..I will share your comments with Vanessa, Gary & Robert who were the team members that assisted you.

I would also like to thank you for conveying our proximaity to Chicago and our "Free" parking that is availible to guests. We have over 550 spots for customers convenience.

We look forward to seeing soon.

Enjoy the remainder of your Summer and stay cool.
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

This is a nice, clean, and well located hotel in the beautiful and affluent north shore area of Chicago. Upon arrival, we were given a nice surprise when the gentleman checking us in offered us a free upgrade to a Jr. Suite which is larger than a standard room and ha a Jacuzzi tub (for one person at a time). We did not use the Jacuzzi but appreciate the larger room. I did not ask for an upgrade so the gesture was so nice. The hotel was not very full for the 5 days we were there so it was quiet. The facilities are first rate. Indoor swimming pool and hot tub are available and looked fine. There is a Business Center on the Lobby level with computers,a printer, and a plug-in connection for a laptop. I used the computers there to pay my tolls on line. Just note the plaza name or # and the direction and time and you can pay without paying extra. This is true even if you are driving a rental car.The hotel has a really good restaurant where we had an excellent dinner one evening.
The room had two white terry bathrobes, a hair blower and iron with ironing board, a coffee maker, alarm clock, small refrigerator,and a flat screen TV In the room are a desk and several comfortable chairs and tables .Perfect for wine and snacks.The beds are ultra-comfortable and the linens and towels are very high quality, as are the toiletries. One caveat though; If you are sensitive to light and want to sleep late then be prepared to wake up early. My wife is not affected by this curse and I wanted to get up early anyway so it did not matter this time.The drapes only go down a few inches past the window so a lot of light gets into the rooms as soon as the sun comes up. The coffee in the room is OK but the free coffee in the lobby each morning is delicious. There is no charge for parking and a free newspaper is at the door each morning. We did not use room service ourselves, but saw some plates and were impressed . If it tastes as good as it looks then it's worth ordering.
I would stay agaiin if given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Tell them you read about the free upgrade and how much we appreciated it. It may happen to you!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank blindman20002000
bobmsmith, Director Room Divison at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give us such a good review.

We have made several improvements in the past year to enhance the guest experience it is good see are efforts are paying off.

The entire Hilton Northbrook team are looking forward to seeing you next year.

Have a Great day..Enjoy the remainder of your Summer.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

We arrived as a group of 7 with another group in front of us. We were just a little late for a meeting so people were fretting, but the amazingly efficient front desk crew worked the way through the incoming crowd very quickly - to everyone's amazement.

The hotel itself is in good shape and the "light breakfast" in the executive lounge was anything but "light" - it was delicious, diverse and healthy.

Also extra marks go for the efficient and very timely shuttle service, a must when visting companies in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Good morning and thank you for staying with us, we value your loyalty and look forward to seeing you in the future.

I would also like to personally thank you for taking the time to give our hotel and staff such a good review.

We are extremely happy with the speed and effeciency of our front desk team, I will share your comments with them.

Have a Great Summer & Stay Cool.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012 via mobile

It was not difficult ggetting downtown Chicago, and with the better rates and free parking, this beautiful hotel with friendly service was a great place to stay. The Glen is nearby and is a nice shopping area with good restaurants. The only disappointment wa that the hot tub was very dirty and had a very bad odor..

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bobmsmith, Director Room Divsion at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Good morning and thank you for staying with us, we value your continued patronage and look forward to your return.

We apprecaite you taking the time to review our hotel, services and proximity to downtown.

I will share your comments with the entire team.

Have a Great Summer..
Nashua, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the Hilton in Northbrook for business. When I left to go to meetings My laptop was intact when I left my room at 6:45AM. When I returned to my room my laptop had a cracked screen. When I went to the front desk I was told they had to lok into it. Instead of the Hotel keeping me informed I had to ask repeatedly for updates. The day I was leaving I was told that they were not going ot do anything about the laptop.
The positive side of the stay was that the breakfast buffet was very good. The restraunt was alright. Went in one night and sat at a table for about 15 minutes and was walked by several times. When I finally got tired of waiting I headed out and was finally asked if I wanted anything as I was walking out the door.
Overall I would say the hotel was decent.

Room Tip: If you are headed out and have a laptop with you bring it with you.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Roadie7474
bobmsmith, Director Rooms Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, I would like to sincerly apologize for the incovenience you encountered. After reviewing the incident and meeting with our team, we could not come to the conclusion beyond a reasonable dought that the damage to your laptop was caused by an employee. I hope this helps you understand why compensation was not granted.

If you have further questions please contact us directly at 847-480-7500..

Have a Nice Day..
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Northbrook. The room was fine: clean and comfortable. The set-up of the room was quite nice with the sink outside the room with the tub & toilet. The only space that was too small was the tub/toilet room, but it was not enough to keep us from staying there again. The TV didn't work right, but they sent someone up immediately, and he fixed it. I didn't like that they charged for wireless, but it was free in the lobby. There was also free coffee in the lobby, which was nice. The exercise room was okay, and each treadmill had its own TV screen. However, we never did figure out how to get any sound except on the one treadmill that had headphones. I guess I would downgrade them a bit for that.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
Good afternoon and thank you for staying with us, we value your Loyalty and look forward to serving you in the future..I noticed your comment about the sound on the Treadmills..

The treadmills require head phones for sound there located on the credenza inside the Fitness Center..

Have a Great Summer..
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
The Westin Chicago North Shore

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!