“Good value for a Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Northbrook

Hilton Northbrook
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Stamford, Connecticut
“Good value for a Hilton”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the hotel where all the guests for our son's wedding stayed. The staff was accommodating, and for the most part, very friendly. Restaurant served a good breakfast buffet. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel can use updating. Furniture is dated, and lobby area could be more appealing. The location was great for our needs. Overall, a good value for a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Have a great day summer 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Saint Charles, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Again, great hotel with a great brand, beautiful decor appointments within and throughout the hotel, and pet friendly! Upon arrival, we were lucky to get an upgraded room, but then the TV remote was not working properly. It replaced very quickly after I called guest services. Very nice room with extremely comfortable bed with high thread count linen and plenty of pillows. We received a free appetizer in Frank's Place bar and two breakfasts with my HHonors status and My-way. When I attended Frank's Place at 8 pm, there was only one young bartender with six male patrons at the bar, where only two patrons had beverages in front of them, and one of the two had food. It was going to be a long wait for the complimentary appetizer. In the morning, I somehow did not see the coffee station set in the main lobby, so walked at 8 am to the one main restaurant, where I asked the one female hostess for a cup of coffee and informed her I would be down later for breakfast. With no smile and no greeting like "Good Morning" or Welcome she replied "We close at 9:30". Later, at 9 am, I attended the buffet breakfast by myself as my ten year son wanted to sleep in. I was sat at a nice booth nearest the window on the lower level on the right hand side. Then I was forgotten about with no offer of water, coffee, or juice, despite my countless trips to the buffet. Finally three-quarters way through my breakfast, a young male server, appeared and asked me "for my ticket" and offered and poured two beverages. I was never offered a refill on either. I then placed my two (2) comp coupons on the edge of the table with a proper cash gratuity, and then I filled a plate with food for my son. I was stopped the the restaurant entrance saying I cannot take food away. I asked the the manager. A tall man approached me, and I explained what I did, and mentioned the poor service. He let me go with my son's food in hand. Again, very nice hotel with nice decor, great indoor pool, workout facility, nice area to walk outside, and great beds!! I may return but not for a meal.

Room Tip: Ask for rear forest view on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our restaurant. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. We'd love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed here in order to attend a concert at Ravinia. The distance was perfect and the room was very nice with a really comfortable bed. The restaurant menu could be a little better BUT overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

Enjoy the remainder of your summer 2014..
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hilton to my rescue. My daughter and I were passing through Chicagoland area. Northbrook Hilton to the rescue. Beautiful room. Staff was wonderful. Gorgeous hotel and the cost spot on! Thank you for a place to rest our heads at the last minute too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 9 July 2014

Have a Great summer 2014..
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton overnight after seeing a show at Ravinia. We both thought the hotel was outstanding in every element contributing to a pleasant stay. Robert Smith was extremely helpful when we checked-in (map to Ravinia, upgrading our room, calling our room to see if would like to take the shuttle to Ravinia). Robert was one of the best I ever had the pleasure of dealing with. My wife and I said that we would not hesitate staying at this Hilton in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a good review and thank you for all the positive comments..

Have a Great summer 2014..
Atlanta, Georgia, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and I thought the food was excellent (the breakfast and lunch buffets had LOTS of options and all of the food was great). I found the hotel staff to be very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

A once fine hotel has gone to seed. Our rooms were poorly maintained (carpet worn, mold in the bath/shower area) and the cleaning staff apparently doesn't know how to use a vacuum cleaner or pick-up dirty towels (they put face clothes that were soiled and on the floor back on the bathroom skink for use. Unbelievable!) We were disappointed to say the least since we use to use this hotel for business because it was at one time a very fine and well maintained hotel. Age and poor maintenance has taken its toll.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Gary S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at our hotel. I understand that you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of your guest room and am deeply disappointed by that. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that this area is of great importance to us as we ensure the comfort and satisfaction for our guests. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!