“Can't really complain”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Toronto
“Can't really complain”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights - room was clean and bed comfortable. Breakfast menu could use some improvement, but the omelette bar was great. Did not like the fact that wifi was not included and had to go to the lobby every time I needed to check my mail. My brother had a room on the 2nd floor and he complained about the noise the garbage truck made very, very early in the morning. We were on the 8th floor and did not hear it.

Room Tip: Non-smoking on the upper floor - Our room 824 was great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Naples, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This property is nicely located off of a major highway and not from from O'Hare airport. Although this is a suburban hotel, it is easy to get to any location in Chicago. The staff is very accommodating and the rooms are very clean.

Gary S, Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the nice review. We are very pleased the hotel and Staff were to your liking. We hope to see you soon, and have a wonderful day.
memphis, tn
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We Really Enjoyed Staying At This Hotel. It Is In A Good Location. It Is Not Far Off The Interstate And In A good Area. We Enjoyed A Couple Of The Neighborhood Bars. Front Desk Staff Was Very Helpful With Directions And Other Things We Needed To Know.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

ROBERT SMITH
Room Division Director
Hilton Chicago/Northbrook
ROBERT.SMITH@hilton.com
847-509-7030
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Every Hilton we've ever stayed in has been a great and satisfying experience. This place is hardly Hilton quality. Every little thing that makes a hotel comfortable for a guest seems to be overlooked by this hotel staff. The blinds wouldn't close fully, the tub leaked so a bath for our toddler was impossible, the coffee was terrible and bitter, there was a huge red stain on the carpet at the foot of the bed, and the daily cleaning was poorly done. The trash was not consistently changed, the ice bag was not replaced, the iron wasn't put away...the simple things just were overlooked. Maybe one of the worst parts was the restaurant. The wait staff did not check in on us throughout the entire meal, it took a very long time for the food to arrive, and then when we asked for the bill it was another 10 minute wait before we just decided to find someone so we could pay. In the end the meal was covered, but without an explanation or apology or anything. Don't let the Hilton name fool you, this is not what you'd expect.

1 Thank nicoleepost
bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We apologize we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is uncharacteristic of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed in the hilton for one night End of June. Beautiful hotel, great customer service. The only complaint i had that was outside of the managements control was my noisy neighbors who were making noise at 7am on saturday.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gary S, Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us and for the great reveiw. I apologize for the noise issue in the morning. We hope to have you back soon, and enjoy the rest of Summer.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My 7 night stay at the Hilton in Northbrook was absolutely wonderful. i was there on vacation and to visit friends in the area and explore the northshore where I lived for 30 years. I was in the back section, room 304, and parked in the covered parking back there and it was a very short walk to the back door, to the elevator and to my room. The only odd thing were the pipes in the bathroom that clanked at certain times. I mentioned it to the front desk and they sent a maintenance person up who did hear it and we thought we had figured it out so he left but it continued. It didn't really bother me, I was more curious than anything. It didn't disrupt my sleep. I loved the samples of Peter Thomas Roth products in the bathroom and have actually ordered some of the products for myself and a gift. The restaurant was lovely. I had a delicious breakfast there one morning and the food and service were excellent. I took some friends there to lunch one day and had the best fish 'n chips I have ever had. My friends really enjoyed the meal too. The hotel was very clean and the staff was courteous and helpful. I had a rental car and found it very easy to get around there and the hotel was in a great location for me. I will stay there again next year when I go back. Oh and it didn't feel at all outdated to me. It was just very comfortable and homey.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in one room there and it was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Gary S, Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and the nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again, have a wonderful day.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. The hotel was clean. They also have a state of the art Business Center to use for computer services. The only downfall was a daily fee of the internet but the Business Center was a great substitute.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this review, 25 July 2014

Enjoy the remainder of your summer 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Best Western Plus Glenview-Chicagoland Inn & Suites

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!