“Nickel and dime”
Review of Hilton Northbrook

Hilton Northbrook
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Northbrook
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel with nice rooms and good atmosphere then they ruin it by charging ten buck for Internet service. Even Honors member don't get a break. What ever happened to giving your customers value for their money . I expected more from Hilton, they have a reputation for being top-of-the-line but the Roadway I stayed in the night before gave more value for less money

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were unhappy with some of the charges. I apologize if the charges were not clear when you booked the room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to Chicago.

Robert Smith
Director Room Division

There are newer reviews for Hilton Northbrook

Reviewed 29 August 2014

My husband and I drove from Michigan to see the Beach Boys and Temptations in concert at Ravinia Festival in Highland Park. We didn't want to drive back to Michigan so found this wonderful Hilton hotel which was about 15 minutes from Ravinia. We arrived before the concert, checked in to a beautiful corner room. We freshened up and headed to Northbrook Court Mall. The bellman offered to take and pick us up from Ravinia, but we declined. Nice to know that was an option. We enjoyed a wonderful nights rest. In the morning we enjoyed a delicious hot breakfast served by Linda, very accommodating. The eggs and bacon were cooked to perfection. There was also pancakes, and eggs benedict as well as fresh fruit, fresh fruit juice, cereal, granola, toast. Definitely a great experience. Would highly recommend, especially if you are going to a concert at Ravinia.

Room Tip: We are Hilton Gold so received the gold treatment. Our room was 224. Definitely would recommend.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am pleased to hear you found the hotel to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Enjoy the remainder of your summer 2014

Reviewed 28 August 2014

Don't upgrade. Very disappointed in the room. It's not condusuve for a better and more expensive room. It looks like an old hotel, and not updated except for the bathroom which is small. Large people would have a problem. The glass doors are too hard to move,

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to Chicago

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great Stay for Pet Friendly Hotel. Very much pleased with Entire Family weekend getaway! Parents, Kids and Fido enjoyed the quiet stay during the Air & Water Show weekend! Went shopping at Northbrook Court & enjoyed the day down at the Chicago lake front...

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bobmsmith, Front Office Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Have great holiday weekend

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Front desk staff pleasant and efficient. Hotel clean and attractive. Directions from O'Hare airport not clear. Got lost a couple of times. Service and food at restaurant and bar very good. Room clean and attractive. Toilet area in bathroom cramped.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Have a great Labor day weekend 2014

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have come to accept that most Hilton properties (regardless of brand) are average at best in the US. Internationally, however, they shine.

So, I had little expectations when I booked this hotel for a night. I am a Diamond member and tried to request an upgrade to the 'forest view / jacuzzi tub' room but was told that room category was not among those I could be upgraded to. So I booked it flat out, although a little annoyed already.

Check in was easy enough, quite pleasant and swift. This is a conference hotel so I knew it'd be a mile or so to my elevator...and of course the (very small) gym is by the reception area...

The room itself was a bit odd with partial walls, etc - very, very dated and smelled a little 'muggy'. AC was set ridiculously low so I had to 'defrost' at first. On the upside, there was actual body wash gel in the bathroom (the liquid body wash is something many Hilton brands will make you ask for - for some odd reason). The tub....well...it's more of a foot soaker...I am 6'2...no way to get in there and be comfy. However, we're still at 3 stars. But then I discovered the mold in the shower (see picture). The room itself appeared clean but every time I see mold I can't help but wonder why a hotel would not bleach its bathrooms...so now I am assuming other things are also only superficially clean...And the forest view doesn't start for a bit...one's eyes first have to ignore the parking lot that your room oversees as well. A bit...misleading...

I tried to get a room change and was told I'd hear back as it required some sort of approval. Well, I stayed for one night and never heard back. So now we're at 1 star...the 'lounge', while very dated, tiny and stuff, was actually not bad..nice small selection of warm and cold dishes, juices, milk, coffee, water and fruit. So that brings us back to 2 stars. I couldn't find an email address for the manager of the hotel on their website (that's always a bad sign) - if one was listed, I would have reached out to them instead. All said and done, as of right now, I'd likely not go back there unless I had to.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Gary S, Manager at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your stay in our area. We apologize for the problems you encountered. We fixed the bathroom issues and have addressed them with our housekeepers. Again, we apologize for all of the inconveniences. We want you to know that you can contact us at frank.arnieri2@hilton.com so we can make this right. We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Nicely located in a wooded area, quiet, peaceful, no street traffic. Rooms are large with private dressing area, nice beds with very comfortable pillows and comforters. Housekeeping and hotel services are very good and the restaurant "Allgauer's", a Chicago area tradition serves excellent meals. For those Chicago nostalgia fans, this was the site of the former Viila Venice, a favorite of Frank Sinatra and operated by Sam Giancana's organization at that time.

Room Tip: As normal, always request a room away from the elevators and ice machine. I had an end unit which w...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
bobmsmith, Director Room Division at Hilton Northbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

We appreciate you taking the time to give an historic comment about our hotel & restaurant

Have a great weekend.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago - Northbrook
Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel
Sheraton Chicago Northbrook Hotel
Courtyard Chicago Glenview/Northbrook
Embassy Suites North Shore / Deerfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Prospect Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 2 in Prospect Heights

Been to Hilton Northbrook? Share your experiences!