Struan Bank Hotel
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
US$107
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$107
Pitbauchlie House Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
US$167
US$119
The Guildhall & Linen Exchange Hotel(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
US$52
  • Restaurant
US$59
US$54
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstayed hereensuitetvfacilitiesbreakfast
Reviewed 28 July 2013

had a lovely stay here in july. douglas and may were the perfect hosts and very enjoyable company. breakfast was wholesome and plenty of it. would definately stay here again if i ever visit cowdenbeath in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank dennie118
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Having stayed with Douglas and May before (see earlier review), I had no hesitation in booking into stay with them again during another visit to Scotland. And I was not disappointed!

Again their hospitality was superb. My room was great – more than ample in size and spotlessly clean. Breakfast was fabulous – too much for me, so I had to plead with Douglas to cut down on the size of my servings.

Don’t be put off by their tariffs – this is no “El Cheapo” B&B. Sure, the décor may be a little bit dated, but in terms of value and their location, I would be happy to pay at least 15 pounds per night over the rates that they charge.

The critical test? Will I came back again? I certainly will

Douglas & May – Thank you again for your delightful hospitality

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank RobCanberraOz
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My wife and myself were visiting family in area, and were recommended here. We found the owners Douglas and May very welcoming and helpful, they gave us clear directions to the various places of interest in the area. The rates were very reasonable and the food very well cooked. If in the area again we would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank billinda-10
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I've stayed here twice now and Douglas & May are the most friendly & welcoming hosts you could wish to meet. The rooms are clean and well kept. The breakfast is plentiful and tasty. Yoghurt,fruit,cereal,fruit juice to start, tea or fresh coffee followed by a full cooked breakfast. All included in the price. There's a TV, and tea coffee making facilities in the room, I had an en suite room with shower/toilet. This place is great value for money and beats the budget hotel chains hands down in price, friendliness and value for money. There's a residents lounge with a small bar to relax in if you don't fancy going out in the evening.It's five minutes walk from the High Street with a Train Station with a 45 minute direct link to Edinburgh, crossing the Firth of Forth via its iconic railway bridge. If it's simple, clean & friendly value for money accommodation you're looking for, then look no further.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank prostring
Reviewed 9 July 2012

When you book unseen from the the otherside of the world (in my case, Australia) you are never sure what you will find. In this case, it was a little gem.

Douglas and May made me feel so welcome from the moment I walked in the door - (helped greatly by the beer he had on tap for the thirsty traveller!). It was such a pleasure just to sit down with them on my arrival and have a chat.

My room was surprisingly large and spotlessly clean (and the en-suite was better than in most of the B&Bs I experienced during a month of travel around Scotland). Breakfast was great, but then most Scottish B&Bs serve a fabulous breakfast.

Location wise - it was perfect for me; just an hour's drive (peak time) from Edinburgh as well as being close to St. Andrews and all the other wonderful parts of Fife

Price wise - the Struan Bank is absolutely superb value for money. Douglas and May's friendliness comes as an extra bonus.

And for something special, just a short walk down to the High Street, you find the most wonderful Spanish restaurant (yes, the owner/chef is a real Spaniard - he just fell in love with a Scottish lass many years ago and has been in Cowdenbeath for something like 20 years).

Would I stay at the Struan Bank again? You bet; it will be my first choice to use as a base for travelling around that part of Scotland.

Douglas and May - thanks for your hospitality.

Rob, Australia