“Great place to stay!”

Home Towne Suites - O'Fallon
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The staff was super friendly. The room was great, the little kitchen was very conveniant and the price was low! Overall the hotel was clean and great. In the pool area there was water standing where you walk. Maybe the drains were not working properly. There was mold or mildew around the edge od the pool, just needs cleaned. I think the steps in the pool and the bottom of the pool needed cleaned. Even with that we will stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank mommaLL
Jaclyn G, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - O'Fallon, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you very much for the kind review. Since your stay I have addressed the "mold" around the pool area and found out that kids put soap in the whirl pool and pool area. We ended up draining the whole pool and cleaning it. Thank you again for the review and we are looking forward in your return visit.

Jaclyn Gross

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

First let me say, after reading the previous reviews on this hotel, I was skeptical. We have now stayed with Surburban Extended Stay 2 times over the past 2 months. Cody at the front desk was very helpful and pleasant Everytime!!! Our room (both times) was clean and smelled fresh. I've NEVER ONCE SEEN A BUG, nor do I believe there is a bug problem and believe me, I looked everywhere and always check the mattresses. The beds were very comfy, the staff was NOT at all ghetto and was very polite. I think people get confused when they see more black staff than they expect to see or because they are narrow minded or from smaller less diverse communities; so they instead refer to the staff as ghetto, instead of diverse. The hotel is always quiet and again very clean and reasonable with its pricing. AGAIN, please give this hotel a chance and I promise you won't be disappointed. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank TifMonEliWil
illinois
Reviewed 13 November 2013

great rate, indoor pool. full size fridge came in handy. Internet was excellent;Very convenient it only took 10-15 minutes to get to downtown St. Louis. Staff was very helpful and room was cleaned well

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had reservations for 3 nights....booked it nonrefundable months ago....they gave our room to someone else....tried to say we booked in smoking room even when we had our printed reservations in hand that clearly said nonsmoking.....wouldn't refund....was extremly rude....will never go back.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank tlongino07
Jaclyn G, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - O'Fallon, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Guest;

On behalf of our entire staff at the Suburban Extended Stay we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you.

We appreciate your feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Travellers are raving about these O'Fallon hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Carpets stained, clientele is very ghetto. We had to stay here during a relocation. The only highlight was the staff they are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is not cleaned well. We found roaches, TVs suck, and just not my cup of tea. I didn't feel comfortable here at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NunyaBusiness28
OFALLONIL, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - O'Fallon, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
DairyGeek

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review on the Suburban Extended Stay, I would like to give you a few fact about our property so there is no misunderstanding about the clientele or the property itself.

90% of all the guest that stay with us is from Scott Air Force Base, we have a mixer of active and retired military families that are staying with us during there move to Scott or there transition out of Scott. Some families have loved ones that are deployed oversees and they are here watching over there kids and or belongings. No matter what it is none of the guest here are "Ghetto", in fact I would have to say this is one of the safest hotels.

As I stated before in a previous comment, because you have also made a serious accusation that effects the perception of the hotel I'm compelled to state a few facts about bugs. #1 they are brought in by people. #2 they have nothing to do with cleanliness or lack there of and #3 they can be brought into any establishment i.e. hospitals, dorm rooms, retail centers etc. They are not just subject to hotels.

We have implemented preventative measures to ensure we don't have any issues. This would include training conducted by a nationally recognized pest elimination company. Not only are we on a preventative plan. Due to the public misconceptions about bugs we felt that this was a good proactive measure to ensure our guests can stay and sleep with the utmost confidence that this property has gone above and beyond all expectations.

Anderson, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I would give 0 stars if possible, this place was gross. we went to leave on a sunday and we saw a bug in my car. brushed it off and then boom we see one in my house then a few days later we see another one in our house. we call orkin and show him the bug its a GERMAN COCKROACH- most commonly picked up in HOTELS!!!!! They refused to help us they would NOT give me my money back, they lied to us left and right and this place was a JOKE! Thank GOD they do not serve food I will NEVER stay there again- we always stay on Regency Park and have never had a problem until we went to this hotel... SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE OF NASTY BUGS AND DO NOT STAY THERE

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
OFALLONIL, General Manager at Home Towne Suites - O'Fallon, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear Guest,

We are truly sorry to hear about your alleged incident. I can see that this is your first and only review. I hope that it wasn't written in haste relative to your communications with our corporate office. They are trained to separate fact from fiction and I see that you were not satisfied with their answer. They have all our preventative maintenance documents on file and there was no question as to our side of your alleged accusations because of our credibility and ability to provide more documentation than requested.

Because you have made a serious accusation that effects the perception of the hotel I'm compelled to state a few facts about bugs. #1 they are brought in by people. #2 they have nothing to do with cleanliness or lack there of and #3 they can be brought into any establishment i.e. hospitals, dorm rooms, retail centers etc. They are not just subject to hotels.

We are proud of our establishment and proud of our reviews by guests who and have continuously stayed with us.

In regards to your stay we do know that your room was included in the preventative plan. Please take a look at where you were previously and maybe the source can be discovered and dealt with accordingly.