“Nice Place”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
chicago
“Nice Place”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We just stayed this past weekend at the Candlewood Suites in O'Fallion. We were greeted when we walked in. There were three of us in a 2 room suite. Though we were only given one key, we did request a second one and was given it. Just thought they should of automatically give us 2 keys. Our room was clean. The only problem is there is one large drinking glass. One drinking glass in the bathroom. The tv in the bedroom did not work, which was not a big deal, since we were not spending a lot of time in the room. When we checked out, we mentioned it, and the desk clerk believed it was still hooked up to a video game. I do believe that all of this should be checked before the next guest arrives. Went to the pantry, slightly disappointed. Have stayed in other Candlewood Suites and there pantry's were better stocked. The employees of this hotel were friendly. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: The laundry is free, so bring your own laundry detergent and save $ from buying it in the pantry.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicagoOceanwaters

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shelbyville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Best hotel ever! I will stay at candlewood any time vs. Any hotel. Full size fridge, stove top to cook on. Microwave. Big spacious rooms. Feels more like your own apartment. Very clean, very UP to date decor. Check in took about 15 minutes due to us checking in very late and the only girl working was taking a guest some extra pillows.... good customer service...you won't find a better hotel but especially for the cost

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I was very impressed with the this hotel, for the price the rooms were spacious, they had full kitchens in the ones we stayed in. I could not believe how nice of a hotel this was for the money, you would expect a hotel that accepts pets to be kind of dumpy not this one, the rooms were clean, TV's worked great, staff was very friendly. If I ever travel back up to Illinois this will be the hotel I stay in. I recommend this hotel to any one traveling.

Sonya

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
O'Fallon, Illinois
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Coming back from overseas I stayed in the Candlewood Suites Hotel until a house on Scott Air force Base opened up. The staff were terrific and friendly in helping me adjust being in states again and responded to any questions I had in a timely manner. During my one month stay I adopted a dog and the staff welcomed her to the hotel with open arms and even a dog treat. Right in the back of the hotel is a dog walking area, you have a lovely view of the pond while your dog is doing their business. And like all guest anything free is great, this hotel gives you poop bags so you can clean up after your pet.
The rooms could use some updates on the chairs, but everything else seems to be great. The free laundry and work out rooms were a great bonus for myself and even helped me adjust time zones. I was at the candlewood during tornado season and the staff responded great in answering guest questions and kept people’s minds off the weather. I have already suggested this hotel to many military families who are moving, traveling, or just want a weekend away. This is a military friendly establishment in my eyes and will do everything they can to make their guest happy. I will only stay in candlewood suites during my travels. While there is no pool here they did tell me about heading to their sister hotel and swimming there, which was a short drive. Also being near all the food and movie theaters was great for meeting up with friends and family who I had not seen in months. Thanks Candlewood Staff, you guys are terrific!

Room Tip: Ask for fourth floor if possible if you have no pets, but if you have a dog ask for the 1st floor ne...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Barrington, IL
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice studio room with kitchenette. Loved the workout equipment & free laundry (yes, I used both and they performed well). Nice shopping mall is several miles away along with several grocery stores, nice restaurants, theater and services. Great for business. My room was a bit beat up (chairs & bedspread) but that was certainly acceptable for the rate paid.

Room Tip: Rooms on either end will be quietest as elevator, laundry, store, workout room are all located in th...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Clarksville, Maryland
Reviewed 4 February 2014

For a business trip of several months, I had two main criteria for choosing a place to stay: 1) Suite (separate bedroom and living area) and 2) Kitchen with stove. Near Scott SFB, only Candlewood Suites met both criteria.
The queen suite was spacious and well laid out. There were plenty of conveniently place outlets for charging devices, etc., which is very rare in hotels. The living room had a comfortable recliner and couch with a wide screen tv; hbo and dvd with free rentals are included, but no hd. Network quality was uneven; mostly acceptable, I would say, but with room for improvement (as in all hotels). The bed was very comfortable; much more so than in many hotels. I usually have allergic reactions to hotel bedding etc. but that was not a problem here at all, even though it is a pet friendly hotel and I am allergic to some pets (which were present in the hotel during my stay). So kudos to Candlewood Suites on that!
The kitchen had a full size fridge and dishwasher and surprisingly good quality pots/pans/kitchenware. It was great to be able to cook simple meals, especially given that restaurant food in the greater St. Louis area is not that great (OK, I am picky, prefer veggies, and like to cook). Being able to whip up some eggs, french toast and such for breakfast on the weekends, and simple foods like pasta for dinner was a real treat and a nice break from local restaurants which are mostly chains. That said, there are decent local and chain restaurants within walking distance (good sandwiches at the Coffee House, e.g.). And the movie theater is just steps away and a pleasant experience.
I was there during multiple winter storms and Candlewood did a very good job of clearing the snow in a timely manner. Also, my room was warm even though temperatures were sometimes well below zero.
The staff is also warm and friendly, providing nice touches like fresh baked cookies or chili or some other treat.
Some annoyances were occasional noise from the room above (stay on the top floor if possible) and inattentive housekeeping (several trips to the front desk for staples like TP, no deep cleaning during my multi-month stay).
Good gym and free laundry are nice touches. There is no free breakfast or pool, but that didn't matter to me.
I chose Candlewood Suites because it provided some amenities that no other area hotels offered. And I'm glad I did. Many thanks to Candlewood for an overall enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Grafton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Instead of the usual two treadmills (that are old) and sometimes a bike, this hotel has those common things (but new and quality) plus weight lifting machines for a complete body workout. The establishment is clean. It has 3 places to eat not more than 30 yards away (Chevys, O'Charleys and Hot Shots Sports Bar & Grill). You get 10% off those places showing your hotel card. Great location right off the highway. Amazingly enough the place is quiet. Cupboard was nicely filled.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo