“Great Hotel near Scott AFB”

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in O'Fallon
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed one night for a retirement ceremony at Scott AFB. Great first impression with the receptionist Amanda since she allowed me to check-in at noon (normal check-in is 3pm). This was much appreciated after a red-eye flight plus the retirement was at 2:30pm. The room was a nice size with a comfortable bed and plenty of pillows. The room had a desk, bureau, and a recliner. The small fridge and microwave were conveniently hidden out of sight in the bureau. Nice LG flat screen TV. The bathroom had a shower/tub with a rainbird shower head. Good water pressure and plenty of hot water. The shampoo, shower gell, and conditioner were all in dispensers. No taking the toiletries unless you bring your own empty mimi bottles. The room was well insulated. I did not hear the traffic from I64. The parking area was well lit. The hotel has a small indoor/outdoor pool with jacuzzi. There is a fitness room next to the pool. The business room had computers and printers so I was able to print my boarding passes for the next day. The evening happy hour is 5:30-7:00pm. They give you a card good for 3 drinks. They also serve food (hotdogs, pasta, etc). The popcorn and sodas are free 3-10pm. The hot breakfast is served 7-10am on Sat. They even had stations for making your own waffles. I saw plenty of families so the free food has to be a big draw. I saw one small dog. Overall, a great experience and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank HonoluluGolfer

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is our 3rd stay here, and each time, we are reminded why this is our all-time favorite hotel. On this visit, one of our rooms had a small problem, and the front desk staff surprised us by upgrading us to a huge 2-room suite.

PROS:
*Clean
*The best beds at any hotel we've been to! We always sleep soundly here.
*Quiet
*Good lighting in the parking lot
*Modern decor
*Mini-fridge and microwave in room
*LOTS of outlets for plugging in electronics
*Awesome shower!
*Friendly staff
*Great, hot breakfast and snacks/light dinner/beverages
*Easy access off of interstate
*Many restaurants and shops nearby

CONS:
Wish we had stayed longer!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 4Bubbles
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Drury Inn and Suites in O'Fallon, IL is one of the best hotels we have experienced. We were in town this weekend for the Scott AFB Airshow and stayed for two nights. We traveled with three other couples and we were all pleased with this hotel.

Value, cleanliness, customer service, and amenities were all top notch. We stayed in a two room suite so we would have the sitting room to use in the evenings to visit with our friends and family. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

The hotel is pet friendly and does not charge extra nor do they have a ton of rules related to bringing pets (e.g. size of pet, kennels, etc.). The grounds were clean and there was plenty of grassy areas to walk pets away from the main roads.

Cleanliness is always a number one concern when we stay at hotels. My sister, mom and I are very picky and we all were pleased. Typically we never sit on the couches in hotels without covering them with our own sheets and we had no reservations about sitting on the couches and recliners in the rooms.

Customer service was excellent. Every employee we encountered went out of their way to speak and were genuinely nice.

The value was also outstanding. A hot breakfast, drinks and heavy snacks in the evening were part of the room cost. To families traveling on a limited budget this is a great amenity. They also had a pool, exercise room, etc.

I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling near Scott AFB or St. Louis. The location makes it easy to get to the base in 15 minutes and to St. Louis in about 30 minutes. There are also a number of excellent restaurants in the area including Andria's and Bella Milano.

Room Tip: If you have pets, you may want to ask for the first floor. We forgot and were on the 6th floor whic...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CindiLouWho87
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We have stayed at this Drury Inn three or four times. They are always friendly and the rooms are clean. The pool is an indoor/outdoor pool that is a nice size and well kept. We will stay again. The only thing we don't like is that they allow pets. That is okay, but there aren't specific rooms set aside for pets and if a person has allergies, this could cause problems.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bonnie M
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before giving it the highest marks for security (huge, well lit parking lot in very safe area), cleanliness, comfort, and food (by far, the best breakfast anywhere in a large dining area).

Today I am going to brag on their staff! My husband and I were taking a last minute, much needed get away. Drury Inn offered a package which included two tickets to the MO Botanical Gardens Lantern Festival. The site did not say how to go about getting the tickets so we called a couple days ahead and inquired since we knew the event was sold out. Although the desk clerk was not certain, she did place a return call which we missed on the answering machine before leaving. We called again the day of our visit and spoke with Karen who got placed calls and assured us that we would have tickets waiting for us! Honestly, we didn't think we would be able to get them at this late date. I know that these two clerks went WAY above and beyond what they needed to in order to get us tickets for the event which was outstanding!! Kudos ladies!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie S
Reviewed 18 August 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every time I am in town. This is the cleanest, friendliest hotel I have been in The staff is friendly, rooms are clean, breakfast and dinner snacks are awesome ! The pool is a kids dream, half inside, half outside. My only complaint is the price for a 2 Q suite is a tad steep at 145. Do not hesitate to stay here !

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Usmcwife926
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I just spent the last weekend at the Drury and loved it. The first was the cleanliness of the place, it was amazing. The lobby is quite large with the pool and coffee area just off it. There is also a lounge with a big tv where people were watching some of the Olympics, meeting rooms and public restrooms (which were also amazingly clean).

First the room, we stayed in a room with two queen size beds the rooms also had a microwave and small fridge which was handy with leftovers. Bathrooms was spotless, not a piece of mold anywhere, nothing chipped it was great. I've said this in reviews before I work in a hotel and can be quite picky and I can honestly say not an issue with the room at all.

There is a hot breakfast served in the morning and a very nice evening drink/snack time. There is a shopping mall across the street and if you are walking can be quite a trick to get across the busy road but any groceries or atm you might need is right there.

I found the staff very nice and someone always available to answer questions. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at another Drury at another location.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near O'Fallon
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
La Quinta Inn & Suites O'Fallon, IL - St. Louis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, O'Fallon
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn Express Hotel Shiloh / O'Fallon
Baymont Inn and Suites Ofallon ST. Louis Area

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis O'Fallon, IL? Share your experiences!