“Food”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coedway
The Old Hand & Diamond
Ranked #1 of 1 Coedway B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Food”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Having eaten many times in the bar or restaurant have found that over the last few times food has not been as good as expected but we went last night to see if things had improved, I had fillet steak and my partner had surf and turf, the food is not cheap and I must say the fillet was excellent but to be served with one mushroom cut into quarters and half a tomato and 2 onions rings I do not think this is value for money at almost £20 I think that you could provide more, my partners steak was not good and most was taken home for the dog. As we have a holiday home close by we will continue to use the bar but I am sorry Ian we will not be eating again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth J

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We popped into this local pub while staying nearby, and the first thing to mention is that this is a traditional pub, wooden beams, wood burning in the fireplace, real ale on tap and full of locals.

Without booking, we were seated and managed to order dinner during quite a busy Friday night in the pub. I opted for the Diamond mixed grill, with my partner going for the steak and ale pie. The mixed grill was huge, with the meat being tender and juicy, if a little greasy, but certainly filling. My partner stated the pie was filled to the brim with meat, with the gravy being delicious. The side dish of chips were pretty much left untouched as we were both full.

Attending on Sunday for a carvery, it is worth booking and there is a constant stream of people that have booked. Three courses for £14, prawn cocktail to start, followed by a carvery (lamb,beef,pork) and then apple crumble for dessert. Really filling, the carvery was fantastic and overall good value for money.

We are both glad we found this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank legend187
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

just had a great weekend at this historic pub,2 nights b and b.we were visiting the iron bridge gorge and some of the mueums in that area and thought the location was just perfect.the in was lovely and the staff were very helpful and polite.if you plan to eat in the inn i would advise booking your table when you book your accommadation as the place gets really busy as people come from miles around to eat there.the birdlife around the inn was a birdwatchers delight,too many species to mention,well worth taking your bins and camera with you.if you like the thought of staying in historic innsthis is the place for you...just mind your head when going up the the stairs to bed....

Room Tip: rooms above the main entrance get a lovely sunrise with stunning bird song..
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank graham w
West Midlands England
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Staying in the area with family we re-visited this pub yesterday (Monday) evening. We'd reserved a table in the main room near the fire; a proper large open log one comensurate with the age of the building. Took drinks to the table to study the menu (e.g. haddock chips and mushy peas £10.50, butternut squash the same price; salmon £12.95). A local brew (bonfire brew) was £3.30 while a large glass of wine £5.60. Was not "horrified" by the prices as an earlier reviewer was as other than at Wetherspoons these costs seemed to me to be about the going rate these days. Food was well presented, plentiful and tasty and served with a smile. They do get extremely busy at weekends (sunday lunch £13.95 for 3 courses) and at holiday times so delays must be expected but while you're able to sit in a lovely old pub with a drink in front of a roaring fire? does it really matter? Well done to all at the Old Hand & Diamond.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank S_n_D_8
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed in this B & B with my bridesmaids and friends the night before my wedding (7th Sept 2013) at Rowton Castle. We had taken up 5 of the 7 rooms availiable. I have to say the staff were extremely welcoming the rooms were very clean and the evening meals and the breakfast the next morning were excellent, hot with quick efficient service. I would definitely stay here again if ever in the area. Also wanted to add my brother was let down with his accomodation in a campsite down the road and the owners of The Old Hand & Diamond really came up trumps they allowed all five of the girls to go into the very large family room (big enough to sleep a very large family) and let him stay in one of the other rooms and they didn't even charge us for the extra breakfast. I would 100% recommend this B & B and I really hope they read this review.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MichelleandFin
United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Visited as a party of 4 adults and 4 children for Sunday lunch (following a walk up nearby Rodney's Pillar) and enjoyed a pleasant and reasonably priced 3 course lunch. The pub was lovely and warm with a lit fire and we had a very comfortable afternoon there. Service was very efficient.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank MmeBarbes
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked this pub for a family meal, originally for 27 but 4 days before confirmed as 18. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We arrived early to set the scene and was asked if we needed blu tac or anything. We could decorate this corner of the resteraunt as we wished. The service was fantastic , everything was served promptly but we never felt rushed. The food was delicious and they could even find us candles and a lighter when we needed it. I would definitely come here again. Thank you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alison R

Been to The Old Hand & Diamond? Share your experiences!