“Great Museum”

Graue Mill & Museum
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Oak Brook
Reviewed 11 January 2013

Very engaging tour, learn about the old ways of life when communities were centered or dependent on a mill.

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Intresting historic mill to visit on a nice summer day with the family Staff are informative about the mills original workings

Reviewed 10 November 2012

What a great little museum! Even if you don't want to visit the museum it is worth the stop to enjoy the picturesque view of the Salt Creek and marvel at this tranquil rural setting so close to a very busy suburb. It is a great place to enjoy the changing seasons and take a breath. The museum is very inexpensive and not very big, but it gives a nice history of the early settlers in this area. I think it caters to elementary school groups but we were a group of 4 adults and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. There are displays of rooms in the early days and as well as farm equipment. There is also an Underground Railroad exhibit in the lower level that we ran out of time to visit.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Beautiful grounds. Easy parking (across the street). If you are in the Oak Brook area.. stop by for a visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

When my Dad worked on Jorie Blvd (since retired) for Continental Can Company (now Crowne Cork & Seal), my Mom and I used to visit him for lunch and the Old Graue Mill was his favorite spot to throw a blanket down and picnic lunch with us. I hope this landmark NEVER goes away. From what I can recall, they actually still grind cornmeal for purchase with the water powered mill. Love the stream running through, foliage... its simply beautiful there. I hope it never changes because my memories won't.

1  Thank TwinBritts