“Step outside of the box”
Review of Reza's Restaurant

Reza's Restaurant
Ranked #68 of 81 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Good for: Child-friendly
Illinois
“Step outside of the box”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

To begin with, my husband and I have zero experience with Persian food. We stopped at this restaurant on impulse one day. It looked like a restaurant you might find connected to a chain hotel: large and roomy, with rather bland decor and a buffet set up on one side of the room. But there the resemblance ended.

The menu had a lot of exotic sounding items on it, most of which I didn't recognize, with gluten free and vegetarian options. The waitress kindly answered questions for us, and we finally settled on kabobs. Drinks were very nice. It's rare to find a restaurant that serves nonalcoholic drinks that are just as attractively served, and just as tasty, as the alcoholic version, but this one does.

Before the main course, we received a big wheel of flat, unleavened bread, lightly seasoned, that was wonderful. Along with it came a dish with cubes of cheese and radishes. We would have been happy to make that our entire meal, but then the waitress arrived with two huge platters, containing our kabobs and garnished with dilled rice. The main course was as good at the appetizers.

For dessert, there were unfamiliar (to me) but tasty little honey pastries, similar to baklava.

We will certainly be returning to this restaurant. The price was good; the staff very helpful; the atmosphere pleasant, and the portions very generous.

• Visited December 2013

Peoria, Illinois
“Great food...but disappointing at times!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As a customer of Reza's Restaurants for nearly 30 years, where it was located in a back street in Andersonville with about 8 tables total, to a newer and larger place on Foster, to Ontario Street location in downtown, and to the Oak Brook location in the western suburbs, I was always impressed with Reza's food (not to mention occasional inconsistencies in quality), but their service was nearly almost always mediocre.

As the company grew, the management stayed behind and service took a back seat to catering large crowd. And since the people were coming in regardless, there seemed to be less and less attention to service.

Service has been much better at the Oak Brook location which now is the Reza that I go to, but there seems to be a little problem there too.

I had a group of 6 (4 adults, 2 children) for a birthday dinner on a Saturday night. We made the mistake to choose buffet, and that was not a good thing to do. The buffet lacked Persian appetizers which we wanted and had to be ordered separately, which with only 2 drinks and a couple of Pepsi or Coke, came up to a $150.00 bill. This was 6:30 PM and buffet was open until 9:00, but the food quality was poor and most things (with the exception of Salmon) seemed stale. The freshly heated bread that was brought out was soggy and not that great either, needless to say I was quite disappointed.

I admit the service has gotten better (in Oak Brook) and we did have a fine young man as a waiter. Which I could give the food on buffet a little more credit. Next time menu only, so you can send it back if not satisfactory!

• Visited October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Good place”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was happy with this place and so were our guests. They have great menu options, the chicken was tender and with lots of fresh herbs. I enjoyed the rice and vegetables. I think next time I would try their lamb dishes too. The waiter knew the menu and explained it nicely and patiently. The food and service were great!

chicago u.s.a
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth eating often”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I like the food so much that I don't mind having 4 times a week the only thing I am missing is their Thedid (hard rice)

Elmhurst, Illinois
“nush-e jan Food of Life”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My cousin and I decided to eat at this Persian restaurant and we were not disappointed. The wait staff was very helpful and since I was missing my glasses I needed a bit of help deciding what I would like to have for dinner. Our waiter was so patient and I had no doubt that our food would be great, which it was. The atmosphere is a bit dated, but the prices for an Oak Brook restaurant are pretty reasonable, plus plenty of leftovers for the next day. My cousin and I enjoyed our dinner and we will be back again for that beautiful feta with grilled vegetables soon.