“They don't cook their meat!”

Wildfire - Oakbrook
Reserve with OpenTable
Wildfire - Oakbrook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 84 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 22nd and Spring Road
Description: Step back in time 60 years to when going out for dinner meant something really special. From the decor to the jazz music, Wildfire has the style and warmth that makes it perfect for celebrating with friends or a quiet evening for two. The extensive menu features broiled steaks and chops, wood-roasted seafood and roasted meats, all prepared in an open kitchen. Signature dishes include Horseradish Crusted Filet Mignon, Macadamia Nut Crusted Halibut, Wildfire Chopped Salad and Cedar Planked Salmon. So order a signature martini or one of our many wines by the glass, then sit back and enjoy the quintessential 1940s supper club experience of Wildfire.
Troy, Illinois
“They don't cook their meat!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

After reading the positive reviews for this restaurant, my mom and I decided to eat here for dinner. We made reservations- which were honored, but our waitress didn't check on us very often.
The bread was good, we ordered the pretzels for our appetizers - these were both good. Our main course choices, however- were disgusting.
My mom ordered a regular burger- when she cut it in half (it was huge), it was completely pink on the inside. The ground beef of the burger hadn't even cooked enough to bind. The ground turkey of my turkey burger was in a similar state.
When we alerted out waitress she told us that the cooks would just throw the burgers back on the grill! Fortunately- they did not- that would most likely be a health code violation!
When we received our burgers, the fries were gone and we had to ask for them to be replaced. My turkey burger still wasn't cooked all of the way and my mom had food poisoning.

My advice: stay away! There are so many other places in Oak Brook to eat- unless you're shopping for stomach problems!

*also- the restaurant smells like what I would imagine a slaughterhouse to smell like.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Laura H

Oak Brook, Illinois
“Steak in a cozy booth!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Specializing in lovely woodfired steaks, this place is a favorite. The restaurant is situated in one of the most prestigous outside malls.... I advise shopping at Macys, Niemans or Nordstroms then dining! Its across from Tiffany's, so yes, it is a tad expensive, but there is a good range of options across a spectrum of prices. The main room is full of leather and wood, looks masculine. Ask for a booth!

Visited December 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I always pay a visit to this Bar when in Chicago.I usually stay cloise by and as a solo business traveller a seat at the bar is perfect.
Good food draught beer and welcoming bar staff make WF a great place to eat when your on your own.

Visited April 2014
Bristol, Connecticut
“Good food for price - busy atmosphere ”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

It seems like it's a newer spot so everyone is checking it out. If you go between normal dinner hours call ahead for a reservation. Our waitress was really great. The food came out slow but it was delicious. Most of my table got steak - but the fish meals looked great as well. Definitely check this place out if your in town. The easily can handle larger tables and guests.

1 Thank BeachandFood
Chicago, IL
“Great lunch once again”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Wildfire never disappoints! Came here for lunch and had the goat cheese appetizer which included toasted garlic parmesan brushed pita bread. The dip had roasted red pepper and goat cheese served warm...absolutely to die for. Both of us had the crusted fillet duo with garlic mashed potatoes. Our steaks had parmesan, blue cheese, and Bernaise crusts. For two, our bill was 65 dollars with two sodas as drinks. I love the atmosphere and the high quality food here. Will be back as soon as I can!

• Visited April 2014