“Great place but impossible to find, and check your receipt!”

Piazza - The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza - The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 86 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Overlooking a lake and beautifully manicured grounds on the McDonald's Campus in Oak Brook, Piazza is a true gem located inside the Hyatt Lodge. Highly regarded in the area as a social event venue, the Hyatt Lodge showcases their service and culinary skills in an intimate restaurant setting with Piazza. Rennovated in 2004, Piazza is surrounded by both artwork cases showcasing some of McDonald's corporate art collection, as well as a wine display featuring some of the bottles from the restaurant's Italian wine list. Featuring Mediterranean ingredients, the menu features interesting twists on mainly Southern Italian standards. Locally grown products enhance the flavors of the menu that changes with the season.
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Even using Google maps, and my GPS on my phone, we still couldn't find the place. Had to call and then using the directions quoted from their phone line we finally found the place. We discovered you turn into the road for "McDonald University." But there is no sign for the hotel/restaurants out on Jorie Blvd. Even once you get back into the area, its a struggle to find. Park in the free lot on the left and then walk in the entrance for the Water's Edge restaurant - you can then walk through to Piazza's. No need to go around the front thru the reception area.

Had bought a LS coupon for our dinner - 1 app, 2 glasses of wine and 2 entrees. Great deal and food was good. Food was served piping hot and and the ceasar salad we also ordered was served cold. Although after looking at the regular menu, I thought the prices were a bit high for what we received.

We each ordered an extra glass of wine. When our receipt came, the glasses were priced at $10.50 each. Didn't think too much about it. Decided to go into the bar area for another glass of wine to enjoy the fireplace. Noticed the same glasses of wine were $7.50 each! Spoke to someone I think was a manager - she said something about a mistake being made on our receipt; so she gave us our two glasses of wine at no charge. Makes you think they are trying to overcharge for the extra glasses of wine to make up for using the coupon. How many people are getting overcharged for their extra glasses of wine by not knowing the original price?

But will still visit again, although this time in the spring or summer. Its on a lake, and from what we could see, they do provide tables & chairs overlooking the water, so would like to come back and enjoy the view. Will just make sure to check my receipt first!

1  Thank cruisin*tigger

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The husband and I shared the calamari. We could tell it was deep fried in old oil because it came out a dark color. The rings were ok but the tentacles were inedible due to overcooking. Dipping sauces: the marinara was tomato soup consistency and tasteless, the "aioli" was unbalanced tartar sauce that tasted like miracle whip.

My husband ordered the rigatoni w/ chicken and broccolini. It was dry and did not taste fresh. I thought maybe the butter sauce settled on the bottom of the bowl but that also was as dry as bone. The grilled chicken was overcooked along w/ the broccolini. I ordered the linguine that tasted ok but the scallops and shrimp were overdone as well.

We both ended up with stomach issues. I so wanted a great experience because the setting was beautiful. Unfortunately, stuffy waitresses who were shortstaffed and rushing all the time along with poor quality food will not sway me to give it a second try. I'm glad we were able to try it with a LS deal because I wouldn't have been happy had I paid full price. Our dinner reservation was at 6PM and they were not busy. :(

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great atmosphere, great wine, fantastic dinner in a comfortable yet elegant setting. Server was exceptionally friendly and accommodating.

2  Thank thebri2
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I hesitated to share a great review because I don't want my secret hideaway to be overrun.... We can always find a quiet table a Piazza and absolutely love their bar where one can view a spectacular fireplace and/or game day broadcasts. Their private room (for 12-20 people) is very nice as well. We enjoy feeding the fish/geese in Lakes Ed & Fred with left over bread too. The deck is ideal for leisurely sunsets. Lovely grounds to walk anytime.

1  Thank PatPS
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Although there's a wide assortment of pretty pricey pastas, pizzas, and the like, the choice seems carb-loaded, un-inspired, and pretty expensive. Again, maybe it is adequate for one or two nights, but I'd HATE to spend a week here eating off this menu.

1  Thank AnAceBuyer_007