“Oakbrook DoubleTree”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
Reviewed 7 November 2013

The 3rd floor has a terrible mold issue in the hallway that is almost unbearable when walking by this. Showers trickle and are difficult to turn on. The elevators are extremely slow. Food was poor. Stay away from the pancakes. The staff are nice and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Sheryl D,

Thank you for staying with us. We did review your comments you left for us here at the hotel, and have repaired the leak, and wall on the third floor. We greatly appreciate all feedback, and we already have reviewed with our culinary team the specifics of your room service dining experience. Thank you for choosing us, and for assisting us in our ongoing desire for continued improvement.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on several different occasions. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is always friendly and the entire hotel is very clean!! Good location for shopping & dinning and close to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

During our stay, my husband and I really enjoyed staying at the Double Tree Hotel. The location was great and near where are reception was held. We appreciated the express checkout and the helpfulness of the staff as we were checking in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Linda M,

With all of the hotel choices in the area, I would like to say thanks on behalf of the entire team for staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback, and are glad that you had a fantastic stay.

We have great packages available for the Holiday shopping season, and have world class shopping with free parking out our front door.

Chris Johnnson

Reviewed 3 November 2013

A great hotel that is convient to the Oak Brooke shopping center and many great places to eat including high quality Italian, French, and excellent fish. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The facilities were excellent; clean, spacious, comfortable and quiet. The service and food from room service was excellent. A highlight, as always at a DoubleTree, is the warm cookie and accomodating staff at check in. Dean H.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dean23803,

Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I have shared your insight with the team, and it went a long way in making what we do everyday even better!

We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

After a terrible experience at the DoubleTree in Schaumburg, we checked into this location which was great! Staff were great and helpful, room was clean and nice, and the gym and pool were a great bonus. Located right by the mall, it was a great location for shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

S S,

It's not always easy to get it right every time, but it's great to get the feedback when we do. Thank you for pointing out our fitness center, considering it's a hotel, it really is a great set up.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The burger was under-cooked, the bread pudding was only dry bread, the wine was corked, and the wine was rancid. Everything else about the hotel was great and the bar tender Tony was a very friendly guy.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Adam L,

I am sorry we totally screwed up your room service. I have shared this with our Chef and our Outlets managers to work on being better next time. Thanks for highlighting Tony's efforts, and for the rest of the hotel.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I were visiting here for his birthday from September 29, 2013 to October 1, 2013.We had an executive room with a balcony on the executive level floor, but the room was too small, so I called the front desk to see if we could change room to a suite. They were very nice and helpful in moving us to a suite, which was much bigger to our surprise from the executive room we first had, but it was on the fourth floor, and we lost our free breakfast by changing. I had set up for a DVD player to be there with popcorn, candy, and pop upon arrival, it was, but they were kind to have it moved to the suite.It was a mistake online that they offer a movie, popcorn, and candy. Later found out it was no longer offered, but they came up with this plan for my husband to be surprised in honor of his birthday. This was set up with the manager(Lee) and kitchen supervisor, my husband really liked the warm welcome and the new room we had.Now I did bring in my own movies, but it all went well.The next day on his bithday(Monday)we got up to go to breakfast in their cafe, they had a special place for us to sit, which was arranged by Laura(supervisor of the cafe), who I had personally talked to prior to us arriving, she went beyond her job as well as the staff to help make my husband's birthday a wonderful experience. I can't thank her and the staff in the cafe enough, the food was good as well, we enjoyed the buffet.Then at 1pm they set up a table for us to have a romantic lunch in their gazbo, near the pond were there are ducks swimming by, it was a beautiful day still outside. I also had the gentleman in the gift shop of the hotel to order a boutique of balloons(from outside vendor) for my husband to be placed in the gazbo as well(he did a good job picking it out as well) and when we arrived Laura was there to greet and surprise my husband as well.Now, I call that very good customer service and she really made this day just as special for us both. My husband stated it was like being in the movies,with the surprises and the peaceful environment on this property! The male waiter was very nice by singing Happy Birthday to my husband and serving us lunch with a great dessert(cheesecake), it tasted so good plus my husband salad was good, and very fresh. We also loved the warm chocolate chip cookies, the front desk clerk that checked us in was very pleasant, even when we made changes for the room, the fitness, pool, and whirlpool was nice and clean at this property as well. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECCOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! Thank you all for helping me make my husband's birthday another suscess.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

KLS13_10,

Thank you for taking the time to share such detail on your stay. Great feedback is one of the best ways for us to continue to work on improving our product, and service, and the kind words really do motivate our team.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!