“Good for the Business Traveler or Shopper”

Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Good for the Business Traveler or Shopper”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I spent a night here for business. It is convenient to many businesses in the area and to the mall.

There are a number of restaurants at the mall that are quite good, which is nice because you won't want to eat dinner at the hotel. The sports bar is okay for a beer, but you don't want to eat dinner there.

My room was on the HHonors floor. It was clean, comfortable, and quiet.

Overall, this is a good place to base your operations in the Oakbrook area, but it is not a destination unto itself.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
JusticeSalmon,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and for being our guest. There are a couple of new restaurants that have opened, and I am going to plug one of them, try Perry's Steakhouse. It's absolutely fantastic, and our shuttle will pick you up and drop you off.

We look forward to having you back as our guest.

Chris Johnson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times this year and it has gone from a hotel favorite to a dive. This place seems to not care and it has a cattle call feeling. The place is not and they seem to use every opportunity to charge for things. The executive lounge ( a much loved benefit for frequent travelers) charges for beer and wine which is not the case at EVERY OTHER Doubletree that has one.

The rooms are loud and if the hotel is busy with a conference, it can be unbearable. I am so disappointed but with all the other choices in Oakbrook, Im sure I will find one that I like. Stay tuned...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
ncsoo7,

I am terribly sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We don't offer complimentary beverages in our executive lounge, but the food offerings we put out daily are quite nice.

Additionally, our HHonors loyalty program is one of the best in the business, and a very quick way to earn fantastic rewards like free nights.

We would love the opportunity to have you back as our guest. If you are returning, please feel free to give me a call on my cell, 630 715-9211, so we may have the opportunity to do it right for you.

Boston, United States
Reviewed 20 December 2013

The staff at the front desk seemed don't care. The worst was the staff and waiters of the restaurant which serves breakfast did not care much about the service. What I found out all other parties who were attending the meeting had same problems with the waiters/staff. I think if the staff at the front desk and workers in the restaurant get a better training and told customer service is important hotel will get advantage.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Abbas Q,

I am truly sorry our team did not exceed your expectations. This is extremely atypical of our folks, and we have shared this review with our entire service team in our daily meetings.

We hope to have you back as our guest, so we have the opportunity to make it right.

Michigan
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Had a one night stay in October. The room was very clean and furnishings were fine. As several people noted - the hotel is quiet and offered good night of sleep. The common areas are also well kept. I thought the room was small for this specific brand. Service was friendly and accommodating. Nothing very notable to mention. Close the the McDonald's corporate Plaza and the Oak Brook Center/Mall.

I'll give another plug for customer service. After arriving to my room, the room type was not what I reserved. A quick call the the front desk and I had a new room assignment. They ran the key up to the new room and met me at the door. Thanks :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
jra3,

Thank you for staying with us, and for the kind words about the service from the team. We do offer a number of various room types and styles. For a larger room I suggest the king no balcony rooms.

Have a fantastic holiday season!

Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times over the past year and I always look forward to coming back. The hotel is located very close to my office in Oak Brook and directly across the street from the Oak Brook Center and some restaurants but there is no road noise. The hotel is just on the edge of being "dated", but the staff is always friendly and professional and the rooms are always fully clean. It is a busy hotel, so there is foot traffic, but the type of guests here tend to be quieter than other hotels I've stayed at (I've never heard drunk college aged or seen a child running around at this one). I enjoy all the perks this hotel has for the upper tiers of the Hilton Honors program, like free breakfast, free fitness center, and some room upgrades. There is also a running path nearby...for those 3 months above freezing in Chicagoland.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ILiveOutofaSuitcase
jILiveOutofaSuitcase,.

Thank you for sharing the experience of your stays with us. It really does carry more weight when someone who lives out of a suitcase says such kind words about the team, the location, and the services.

From all of us here we truly appreciate your loyalty, and keeping us all working!!

Happy holidays to you and yours.

Roselle, United States
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Stayed here for Thanksgiving. The Front Desk Team was very friendly and gracious - a testament to their work ethic since working on such a major Holiday. The Atrium restaurant Team was awesome. Great service and food for Dinner and Breakfast. Loved the beautifully decorated Christmas Tree in the Lobby. Also, the popcorn in the bar was a nice touch. Last but not least, the cookies were delicious. Will definitely be back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Madeline T,

Thank you for spending your Thanksgiving here with us, and thank you for pointing out the team who was here working on the holiday.

It's not easy to be away from family on holidays, while it seems like everyone else is home eating and watching football, and we in the business are working. That said, it's really cool when someone truly appreciates the commitment.

Come back and see us any time.

Washington, United States
Reviewed 5 December 2013

With all the other hotels in the area, pick one with better ammenities and do your research. No refrigerator. Only 3 towels. Smelly room. Small rooms. Definitely not what I expected from a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

GMDoubletreeOakBrook, General Manager at Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Tony C,

I saw your feedback on our internal service scoring, and have already reviewed with the team our mistake in putting you next to rooms we were painting. We are also always happy to provide any extra towels, amenities, or anything else you might need to make your stay more comfortable. I am sorry we did not communicate that.

I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations, and truly appreciate your taking the time to give us straightforward feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook? Share your experiences!