“Great food; friendly, accommodating service but really slow”

Redstone American Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Redstone American Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 85 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Butterfield and 22nd St.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We tried Redstone with some extended family members during our most recent trip to the Chicago area. The food was quite good, but
holey moley was it ever slow. The fact that there were three teenage boys in our group made the wait just that more difficult. I didn't time it, but the entrees were especially delayed for some reason.
But, all else was good. The appearance of the place is very inviting. The bar area is quite large and welcoming. All in our group were happy with their entrees. I had the rotisserie chicken which had just the right amount of herbs on it. We split an assortment of desserts; the apple pie egg rolls are unique and worth a try. The menu offers a good selection of wines by the glass. Parking is plentiful in the large lot.

There are newer reviews for Redstone American Grill

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Thanks Redstone for consistently providing a superb dining experience.
You continue to offer food to a really high standard - the ahi tuna was awesome!

The food and service were both excellent.

I love the noise and atmosphere that Redstone has to offer and it is a very vibrant and fun place to eat.

Definitely not the cheapest place on the block, but worth a trip for a special occasion.

Ensure you have the flatbread!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

From the moment our party of 6 walked in the front door we were impressed! Smiling faces, a beautiful warm welcoming fireplace, stunning décor. We were seated & met Jason our server who took excellent care of us & entertained us too!! Now the Food...Buffalo shrimp as big as your fist, a warm gouda fondue to delight & the cornbread w/ maple butter melted in your mouth! And these were only appetizers! The ribs, chicken, rib-eye& halibut were all to die for. Truly our group can't say enough good things!! And we can't wait to return for our next experience!!!

1  Thank ddmLigonier
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews, but would like to share my experience. First, the location and decor (that used to be a Chinese/Japanese restaurant) is great, no doubt about it. However, my husband and I were both not happy about our food. My husband ordered the filet which to him was just mediocre-and comparable to a home made filet. Basically, nothing special. I ordered the fish (sea bass) and I've never had anything so dry and rubbery in my life!

1  Thank SaMoFoodie
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I really didn't know much about Redstone American Grill before we went, but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and options for the food as well as the fact that they don't try to put four adults in a booth designed for four 8 year-olds. Amazing how many restaurants will kill a dining experience with tiny booths or butt-sprung cushions. But, hey, the food was really good too, don't let my booth/cushion rant on other places dissuade you from going..