Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Hyatt House Oak Brook(Oak Brook)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$100
US$95
US$109
US$100
All reviewsacross the streetthe concierge loungefront deskfull buffetbusiness hotelshopping mallthe looplobby barmini fridgewithin milesbreakfast buffetbusiness tripthe staff was greathot tubrooms are nicenice staystarbucks
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was my second stay at the Marriott Oak Brook, and while many might think this hotel is less than inspired, it is a terrific place to stay while visiting family and friends in the surrounding suburbs.

The hotel itself is in good condition - both rooms that I've stayed in were great - clean, comfortable, all that you could ask for in a hotel room. The weekend breakfast buffet was generous and tasty and I lingered for awhile enjoying some tasty coffee and nice breakfast options.

Location-wise, the hotel is adjacent to the massive and well equipped Oak Brook Mall, where you can shop for anything, and have many dining options available to suit any tastes. The hotel, as well as mall offer ample free parking, so it is quite convenient from that perspective.

My only suggestion for the hotel might be to check out the room placements and coordinate groups together - and not stick solo travellers in the midst of a massive and energetic wedding party. I went up to my first guest room, and the hall was filled with people and children, with doors open and lots of shouting going on. No problem with that - but why stick my room right in the middle? I went back downstairs and asked to be re-roomed, which was handled without any problem, so that worked out just fine.

Room Tip: I've always asked for a high room facing the mall, and they've been able to accommodate this request, and the rooms have been perfectly quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for choosing the Oak Brook Marriott on your recent travels to the Oak Brook area. It was great to read that you were able to enjoy our hotel amenities as well as the breakfast buffet. I will share your comments with our hotel staff in an effort to continue our great guest services. We appreciate your feedback on room placement when groups are in house, we have shared this feedback with our front office team. I am glad you were able to enjoy the Oak Brook Mall and all the shops available.

Please come again and share another great experience!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

In Chicago area for business trip at the end of April. Checked-in around 8pm after dinner (a nice Italian restaurant in the Oak Brook Center Mall) with some colleagues. Got a room on the 12th floor. The front desk acknowledged my Gold level.

Room itself was unremarkable, typical Marriott room. Comfortable bed, large TV, workstation with plenty of plugs and wifi (complimentary for my Gold level). Did not use the gym but did get a drink in the lobby bar which was quite noisy. There was a large group of teens/young adults dressed for a performance of some sort in the lobby area. There also appeared to be several tour groups in the hotel so the entire hotel was quite full.

Middle of the night a fire alarm went off, oops. Not my first time while traveling but unpleasant. Had an early flight so did not use the lounge for breakfast.

Overall the hotel is a bit old but quite adequate. It is a larger hotel with quite a few rooms. The teens/young adults didn't bother me but some of my colleagues in the lower floors mentioned they were loud.

Check out was fine with bills under the door. Not the best Marriott I've stayed in but decent enough for one night when in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking time to share your comments reagrding you recent stay at the Oak Brook Marriott.
Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding you recent stay at the Oak Brook Marriott.
It was a pleasure to read our staff acknowledging your loyalty to Marriott as a Gold Elite member and the overall service was satisfactory. I do apologize for the late night fire alarm, we are happy to report that the system alerted us to a potential emergency and we were able to respond to insure all our guests were safe. We appreciate your understanding as our guests, associates and the hotel are of utmost importance to us.

We hope to see you on future travels to the area and stay again at the Oak Brook Marriott.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was visiting friends who live west of the city center in the suburbs. This Marriott is located right across the Oak Brook Center (Mall) so it was perfect for me as it had a little bit of everything for me (shopping, restaurants, bookstore. . . etc).

This location has a Starbucks downstairs (limited hours though) and is a Hertz location as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing the Oak Brook Marriott on your recent stay in the Oak Brook area. It was great to read that you were able to enjoy reuniting with friends and shopping at the Oak Brook Mall.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Oak Brook!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Marriotts are usually good. The Chicago Oak Brook is a stand out. Anything exceptional? Not really. They just do everything very well. Really friendly and helpful staff. (Notwithstanding another review, I've always found the front desk folks very nice, and I stay at this hotel several times a year.) Good restaurant and bar. The rooms are always clean and quiet. Plenty of exercise equipment (and all the machines work). And a Starbucks on site.

If you're a shopper, right across the street is one of the more swanky outdoor malls in the U.S., with plenty of higher end stores and more good restaurants.

Room Tip: There's less highway noise on the mall side, though I don't mind the freeway side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for making us your first choice when traveling to Chicago!

We appreciate your staying with us at the Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel staff was friendly and helpful while you enjoyed our amenities in the restaurant, work out facility and Starbucks! I’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff.

We look forward to seeing you again on future travels,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Here for a wedding in the western suburbs of Chicago. Hotels in Chicago are usually $$$, and Marriott's usually add another $ (try to find a Courtyard for under $175). This hotel, a full fledged Marriott (albeit older) cost $127.00 per night including taxes and internet surcharge!
The good news: Quiet, safe, clean, comfortable beds, good heating and A/C, FREE PARKING, excellent location if you have a car. Rooms have a cooler, a large desk, good lighting and a decent closet. Staff was helpful. Did not try the restaurant.
Why it is less expensive and only 3 stars (but still a good bargain). The bathrooms are small, cramped, do not have towel racks, and the water pressure in the shower is poor. There are 3 slow elevators. A swimming event for high school students filled the hotel on the weekend we stayed. We waited as long as 5 minutes for an elevator. Long lines at reception, restaurant and Starbucks inside the hotel.
Why it's a good bargain. Except for the inconveniences above, this hotel was fine, and I felt I definitely got my money's worth.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Marriott: Oak Brook. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure that all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.
It was good to hear you enjoyed the guest rooms and overall services. I am sorry that you had to experience a slow elevator, long lines inthe restaurant over a busy weekend. Your review will help us make the necessary improvements in our retaurant and elevatoroperations, as it was discussed during our most recent team meeting.
We hope that next time you’re in the area you will consider staying with us again.