“Great Meeting Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newnan, Georgia
“Great Meeting Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed at this facility for a meeting and golf. Very good golf course for most players. Rooms are large, comfortable and clean. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Conference rooms are well equipped and excellent and the snacks/food provided was very, very good. About a 20-25 min drive from either airport this location is a pleasant, green alternative to downtown. Plenty of additional restaurants around the area a short drive away from the hotel, but the hotel food is very good and reasonably priced for the area.Free Parking and Free Internet!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Stefan M, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us in May.

Our IACC-accredited resort and conference center enjoys a wonderfully efficient layout - from well equipped event space to beautifully arranged recreational facilities - but what we feel truly sets us apart is our team spirit.

And it's just the beginning...

Now that we're a locally owned and operated resort and golf club, soon to become a - SPOILER ALERT! - Hilton (retaining local leadership, of course), look for a commitment on innovation from us as we lead change for the better, acting with vision to enhance value!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was redirected to this hotel due to our normal hotel being sold out the week prior to the Memorial Day holiday. I had never stayed before, but must say I was pleasantly surprised! I saw some of the reviews, and it's apparent the management is reading them and making appropriate changes! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was very clean. The hotel is slightly dated, but although decor may be older it was well kept and clean. Shower was hot and pressure was good, bed was comfortable and clean, and a lovely view of the beautiful golf course! Breakfast in the restaurant was good, and portions/temperature were very good too. I enjoyed my stay, albeit one night, but in the future I will stay when I come in for business meetings.

The one thing that made my stay excellent, was the fact that the hotel thinks about the little things. One of them being that I'm a runner, and I prefer to run outdoors versus on a treadmill, when the weather permits. The resort had a map of a local jogging path available for me, and I found it to be accurate and helpful since I was in an area that I had never been before. Thank you for paying attention to the little details! Probably doesn't affect every guest you have, but for those that are looking for a jogging path it is very helpful!

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view, it's very nice and peaceful :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stefan M, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review in response to your most recent visit to the scenic western suburbs of Chicago. We truly appreciate your praise as we strive to provide our guests with service and quality that will make their time with us memorable. It is all made worthwhile when we read such positive feedback from those who matter the most -- guests such as yourself.

Thank you, also, for acknowledging the professionalism of our team members. As you so graciously noted, they are wonderful, and I have made a point of letting them know just how appreciated they are. We are very fortunate to have such a caring and dedicated employees!

The property, now locally owned and under new leadership with Portfolio Hotels & Resorts, will soon receive the building updates and upgrades it so deserves - and once again shine as the premier resort and conference center of greater Chicago. In the interim, we do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and make the Oak Brook Hills Resort your home away from home during future visits to the Chicagoland area.
Brussels
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent a couple of nights there and had one round of golf to clear my jet lag. This place is close to o'Hare and offered an excellent rate. It is not the most recent hotel, but the facility is well kept, the staff is very friendly and courteous. The standard room on the 11th floor was well appointed, clean and quiet.
Despite heavy rain in the morning, the golf course was in excellent condition at noon except for the bunkers. By the end of my round, the bunkers had been all repaired by the staff !
My experience of both the hotel and the golf course were positive and I thought I had good value for my money.
As I had to change my plans, I did not hesitate to rebook at the same place for extra nights. I hope I was right and that the other reviewers were too harsh in their evaluation.

Room Tip: Nice view from the upper levels
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Fernand W
Stefan M, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
We very much appreciate your wonderful comments about Oak Brook Hills Resort. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your accommodations and our friendly and courteous service throughout the property, including our award-winning Golf Course. It is truly remarkable how our team managed to get the course into such excellent early season condition despite the long and hard winter...

Looking forward to welcoming you back hopefully soon!
Bloomfield, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I recently stayed at Oak Brook Hills resort for a 2 day meeting. I had stayed here a few years ago when it was a Marriott property. The furnishings had not been updated at all and overall the hotel was "tired"

That being said...the service in the dining rooms was nothing short of outstanding! Food quality was great yet a tad overpriced.

I had a larger room which was nicely appointed. The bathroom was quite small in comparison to the rooms size. Good hair products etc.

Plenty of free parking and we played 36 holes of golf (in one day) at the adjacent Willows Golf course. The course was in great early season condition. We palyed in gale force winds and it was challenging for sure.

Although a bit tired, the overall value was quite good.

Room Tip: There are many good places to eat minutes away
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CharlesinCT
Thank you for your kind words regarding our service during your stay with us. Having recently taken over operations, it is refreshing to read that our re-energized team has already made a difference!

Over the coming months, we will be embarking upon a multi-million dollar reimagination of this wonderful property. Stay tuned for updates as we take the Oak Brook Hills Resort from a "good value" to a truly outstanding destination perfect for groups and leisure travelers alike.

Here's to many happy returns!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!