“The best place to lay back and simply enjoy.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Oak Brook
GreenLeadersGold level
“The best place to lay back and simply enjoy.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This lodge has the ambiance of a private luxury boutique hotel and is perfect for weddings, reunions and getaways. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food is delicious and the landscaped grounds are absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful. My first visit was for our family reunion and the second visit was my anniversary. I asked for and got the same room as the first visit because I enjoyed it so much. The spa is also luxurious and the fees are on par with other spas. The indoor swimming pool/whirlpool at night is really a nice and relaxing treat. The restaurants and bar offer such a variety of foods and drinks, you really don't need to leave the grounds and the entire place is clean and serene. I will most definitely go back again.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want or need before checking in.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

Despite some of the unusually critical reviews, my company's retreat meeting here went well in terms of housing, meeting rooms, and catered meals. The attendees were happy with the site, a short drive (30 minutes) from downtown or O'Hare when traffic is light.

The woodsy setting near McDonald's Hamburger U was pleasant. All buildings are three stories tall (4 at lobby and pond front). The staff is limited, a "lodge" rather than a full-service hotel (e.g., no bell stand or concierge).

My only complaints are relatively trivial. The AC in my room had one temperature: cold; regardless of the thermostat setting. That was okay with me, as the outside temps were hot, so I did not complain. The second complaint, also minor, was the significant walking distances between meeting and sleeping rooms. There are short direct routes, but the hotel precludes use of these by locking many doors. These were annoying, but not fatal flaws.

Worth a visit, worth the price, not spectacular, but also not as bad as some of the cranky reviewers suggest.

Room Tip: Unless you want a long hike, ask for a room reasonably close to the lobby or your meeting rooms. Al...
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly, Silver Leed certified. Nice, but not a deciding factor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Ewing, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The grounds are beautiful and love the way the Oak Brook park system intertwined with the property. The room upgrades were welcomed however that pesky Internet connection is quite annoying for a business traveler. The hallways still appear dated and room temperature was up and down. Overall an ok experience. The free comfort bikes were a a treat and great way to unwind after long day of meetings.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

My company was hosting a meeting here and we checked in few days early. I had requested a room with a king size bed. When I checked in I also specified I didnt want to be on the first floor and the desk clerk says there is a floor under me, so I accepted the room. Well if he meant a basement under me he was correct but I had a first floor room which opened right into the parking lot with two beds. I went back and asked them to change it and and he said there was nothing he could do. He then got very rude and said they werent required to up hold the contract I had signed and other guests needs ranked above mine.

I was so frustrated I kept the room I had. The next day I sent some laundry out and was told it would be back same day. At the end of the day I still hadnt gotten it back so I called the front and they had someone deliver it. I opened it and they shrank my pants and sweater. I called the front desk and was told the housekeeping manager was gone for the day so nothing could be done until the next morning. I called again in the morning and no one ever called me back so I ended up just leaving with a brand new 200 dollar sweater ruined

The rooms themselves were fine the property was too spread out, but the horrible staff ruin this place. I dont think I will ever return to a Hyatt after this experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Hertford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

We had a great 5 days at this hotel 27/7 to31/7/13. the staff are very friendly and helpful the large room was excellent and the facilities (pool etc) were first class. The breakfast was a little b
asic and we were upset to be charged $10 per day for wi-fi. This will now become our regular haunt when we visit naperville/oakbrook. we firmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverly O
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

This hotel was nothing short of perfection and I plan to stay here all on future business trips to this location. For the rate of a hotel room, you feel as though you have been transported to a quiet resort Oasis. From the time you arrive at this hotel you are enveloped with a sense of peace and serenity. The hotel is located on the McDonald's Campus and I must admit at first I was suspect of even booking. I am glad I took the risk. The hotel is surrounded by tall trees, water features, biking trails and more. Top notch customer service (a "10") and a very engaged and available General Manage, Norm Canfield! The rooms are state of the art, with smart TVs (additional features extra). Room service was excellent! They have an outstanding fitness facility and pool and bikes are available on-site to use for no additional fee to use on the many miles of bike trails that surround the property. Take a risk and stay at this beautiful hotel. It is well worth it!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing woods or lake. Pay the extra for the hypoallergenic rooms...it's well wort...
Green Features: Recycling encouraged and available; Encouraging of decreasing washing of linens and towels.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is very nice, but has no free wi-fi! I would not stay here again for that reason. Everything else is nice, though. Would like to hear from the general manager about the reasons they do not provide this service for their guests.

• Stayed July 2013
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus? Share your experiences!