“Extremely customer service oriented staff”

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently attended a wedding at the Hyatt Lodge, as a guest. Tho it was a bit confusing finding the location of our event (better signage needed?), it was a very beautiful setting with extremely accommodating staff. Just a couple examples include several guests needed access to their cars which had been valeted..requests were met with smiles, positive attitudes and speed; the youngsters at the reception were given special dinners and desserts; servers were very competent and met our every need. The landscaping on the grounds provided a gorgeous setting and the room in which the wedding was held was perfect. Great job, Hyatt. This was our first time at this facility and we would definitely recommend it to others!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here, he was here for the Business Leadership Capstone. This hotel makes the Hyatt brand look very bad. I am a huge traveler and I know a good hotel when I see one. This is anything but. Every employee we encountered besides one of the girls at the front desk had a chip on their shoulder. They were all very rude and cold, and when I ordered a drink or asked a question they looked at me like I had two heads.

They have a shuttle that supposedly takes you within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, but that policy changes every day. The front desk will tell you that the shuttle ONLY takes you to the mall, while the actual shuttle driver, depending on their mood, will give you a different answer. One of the drivers told us he would take us to Walgreens only if we "took care of him".

The room was covered in dust. The only nice part was the spacious shower. Other than that, the room are stuffy and dusty. The entire hotel is decorated in creepy mcdonalds "art". This hotel is basically a joke. The service is terrible. If you MUST stay here, rent a car.
Do not rely on the shuttle. And bring your own snacks and water!!!!!!

My husband and I were filling up our water bottles from the soda machine in the day time restaurant. We were simply using the water spout on the machine. The next day, the machine was shut off.

• Stayed: July 2014
Chris P, Manager at The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2014

I am sorry to hear about your experience Deanna917. If you could contact me at your convenience, I would love to get some more details on your visit and address your concerns with your guestroom and the staff you encountered. I am sorry to hear that you received misinformation about the hotel’s shuttle. We do run a shuttle specifically for the Business Leadership Capstone class which your husband attended; which is scheduled to be at the mall every hour on the hour. Our hotel shuttle runs within a 3 mile radius of the hotel, there is no charge, and it does not run on a schedule.

I hope this helped, and I look forward to speaking with you and clearing up some of your concerns. Thank you for being our guest.

Chris Palid – Director of Rooms
Christopher.Palid@hyatt.com

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great hotel! We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. The weekend prices were fantastic. The hotel is an oasis in Oak Brook and feels much more peaceful due to the wonderful landscaping and isolation of the McDonald's campus. The beds and bedding are top notch and the rooms truly are recently renovated. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.
The staff was exceptional as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed here July 3rd for our annual girl's get together (old pals from high school). We stayed here last year too. We were greeted by Dave D. in the lobby who remembered us from last year!!! He was wonderful and made sure we were comfortable and had everything we needed. Its staff like him that will keep us coming back year after year.

The only downside was that I specifically asked for 2 queen beds on the lowest level when I made the reservation. Found out that morning we were given one king bed. I called at 7 am and had that changed only to find out when we arrived, they gave us the first floor. I went back to the lobby and they were able to make the switch. We were happy for that. I would suggest the hotel have chairs available for those people that want to sit outside on the "concourse" level to enjoy the beautiful grounds. All in all, I give it a 5 for customer service and a 3 for reservations and no chairs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a nice stay. The hotel is on the McDonalds campus and there are arches everywhere in the hotel from the paintings to the door knobs. The view of the forest is great and has a small balcony so you can open the doors and listen to nature. The breakfast is always good downstairs. I recommend the hash or burrito.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight at the Hyatt Lodge (checked in on a Sunday). Its a nice hotel tucked away in McDonalds campus. They have a huge lobby and a basement lounge and restaurant that both overlook a man made pond. The bar in the hotel is nice.I sat there and watched the work cup match.
The rooms are really nice. Huge, comfy bed, free Wi-Fi, a flat screen tv and a large bathroom.
The staff was nice, and I had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Checked in on Fri 5/16/14 and were greeted with a courteous desk clerk named Lori, she was more than gracious. We went up to our King room, and it went above and beyond our expectations. The television setup is a little tech geeky so if you are not up to par, it could be confusing, there is a wireless keyboard with trackball for internet surfing on TV($$$). Also a trackball on the remote to operate the program guide on the regular channels, it is not very smooth(the trackball) and can be frustrating just to watch regular TV. The workout facilites are spectacular, which include a full upscale locker room, showers, steam room, sauna, all heath and beauty aids provided, even a shoe buffer, and swimsuit water extractor. You must go downstarirs through the fitness center, then locker room , then upstairs to get to the 3' ?" lap pool which is beautifully maintained. Over sized three sectioned jacuzzi tub, however the one small area the jets were not working. The Fitness center has plenty of treadmills, bikes, ellipticals , for your cardio, plus weights, and nautilus style machines. The Oak Brook Park System trails cut though the McDonalds Campus so you can go for a really nice jog that leads though the woods across an equestrian trail, very scenic. Stay was pretty much uneventful until the morning of Sun 5/17 when from under the floor mat I had laid down in front of shower scurried what appeared to be a german cockroach. I tried to get a good picture of it but it scurried again into a small void dead center under toilet. First time I've ecer seen a cockroach in a high end place like this.........

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Chris P, Manager at The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Good day RMGreen - we are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and were able to utilize our pool, fitness center, steam room and hot tub. We are very proud of these facilities will share your positive feedback with the staff of the health club. I am sorry to hear that you had an experience with an insect in your room – I assure you this is not common, and we will certainly address it with our housekeeping department, as well as our independent third party pest control company. I hope this didn’t have a negative impact on your visit with us, and that you choose to stay with Hyatt when traveling to the Oak Brook area.

If there is ever anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me at any time at the hotel. Thank you again for your review, and for your 4-Star rating and recommendation.

Chris Palid – Director of Rooms

#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus? Share your experiences!