“Forgotten Clothes”

Best Western Chicago Southland
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Forest
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here for two days and my experience was great. This Hotel had a swimming pool with excellent breakfast. I ended up leaving some clothes there at the hotel. The next week I called and they still had my clothes. I sent an empty box with prepaid postage and they sent me my clothes. This hotel has excellent customer service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to use our pool and enjoy are wonderful hot breakfast. Most importantly we are happy we were able to locate your missing clothes and get them safely back to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I just stayed here 6/4/2014 and this Best Western is one of the far best one. Anyone that stay here will definitely enjoy. The quality of service is far beyond and that includes staff, rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

The Best at the Best Western.....WOW what a statement! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are glad we could offer you exceptional service during your stay! We look forward to serving you again soon on your next visit to the Chicago Southland.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Chicago Southland, having booked three rooms for my mom, brother, and myself. It was a fast check in. The staff were all friendly and courteous throughout the stay. My brother and I walked to the upstairs business center to use the computer. We could not check in for my brother's flight on Southwest Airlines because the computer was frozen. The lady who checked us in was happy to use her computer at the front desk to confirm my brother's airplane reservation for the next day. It was interesting to see on the sliding glass lobby door (and every entry door to this hotel) small signs with a picture of a handgun inside a red circle with a slash through the circle and handgun; i.e., no guns allowed. A question did cross my mind that with the posted "firearms prohibited" signs, I was supposed to be safer when the means and legal right to defend myself have been taken away? In any case, all the rooms my family and I stayed in were clean with comfortable beds. This property has "thin" walls since you could hear people talking as they walked down the hall outside the room; plus you could hear room doors opening and closing. When I booked my reservation, the website for this hotel stated that the exercise facility was open 24 hours. I walked down to use it about 11:15 p.m., and there was a sign on the door which said that it was open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. The gym is located in a room next to the pool area. The front desk person did unlock the small room where the exercise equipment is located so that I could workout. I used the treadmill, stair-stepper rowing machine, and stationary bicycle, which all worked fine. In the morning, I got up early to eat the full breakfast, which was served from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on this particular Monday morning. There were egg omelets, sausage, breads, yogurt, fruits, packaged oatmeal, cereal, juices, and a few other items to eat. I then went back to bed. Check out was not until noon. At 9:30 a.m., I heard a knock on my room door. I said "yes" twice. No answer. Then the door was opened by the maid. She said "sorry" and shut the door. When I got up to take a shower at around 11:00 a.m., there was plenty of hot water with strong water pressure. The maid again knocked on the door to see if I had checked out yet. When I finally did check out just before noon, I picked up my complimentary copy of the USA Today newspaper. It was a quick check out. I then asked the lady working the front desk about the "no firearms" signage, which was not posted on my previous stays at this property. She replied that the Best Western Plus Chicago Southland was now a "gun free zone." She told me if she sees a guest with a gun, she will ask the guest to leave the building and no money will be refunded. She also told me that if she sees anyone in the hotel public area with a gun, she will call the police. I asked her what a guest is supposed to do who is in legal possession of a gun? She said to leave the gun in the trunk of the car. There are signs posted throughout the parking area that read: "Guest parking. User assumes all risk." I wondered to myself why this information regarding firearms is not disclosed on this property's website? As I was leaving, I mentioned in passing that I had misplaced my comb. The lady whom I had been talking with at the front desk gave me a plastic comb. Thanks!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am happy to hear my staff was able to assist you during your stay and help you with all your needs. As a privately owned business we have decided to keep our hotel gun free. We have made this decision to provide a safe environment for our guests. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This motel, which is new when I stayed in May 2014, is pretty and clean. The price for the room is reasonable. It is located about one mile off Interstate 57 in the Chicago area. It is actually in Oak Forest, a south suburb of Chicago. The motel is two story, and the staff accommodated me since I have just had knee replacement surgery.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. I am happy to hear my staff was able to assist and make your stay comfortable. Please allow us the honor of serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great out of the way place with excellent service and clean, nice rooms with really comfortable mattresses and great breakfast too! The staff were very helpful in printing out directions to where we were going. Pool was nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WOW what a great review! First let me thank you for being our guest! I am happy to hear you found our hotel clean and comfortable. I am also happy to hear my staff was able to assist you in getting directions. Please allow us the honor of serving you again very soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Will stay again, do not be fooled by how you get to this hotel you see from the highway, go through industrial area. Plenty of parking, staff is helpful and great prompt to handling any problems. My wife and I traveled with two toddler boys, for breakfast helpful staff with aiding in boys, good food for us to starting our day, clean pool, supportive and astute checkin staff. Internet connection difficcult if room is 200 feet from lobby and you are in bed near window, had to get near bathroom to use laptop, only draw back, need more wi-fi signal repeaters in hallways.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for being our guest! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to hear all staff members were supportive and able to help you with your needs. We are also happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. I would like to apologize for any trouble you had with the internet. I will be having my maintenance check all internet connection to make sure it is working properly. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Clean, large, comfortable room near Interstate 57. Free parking, free breakfast (mediocre), free internet. Friendly staff. Booked through Hotwire. Only 3 star hotel in area. Convenient to many restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to leave us a review! We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Chicago!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Forest
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park
Quality Inn & Suites Harvey

Been to Best Western Chicago Southland? Share your experiences!