“Great Service and clean room!”
Review of Gateway Inn

Gateway Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Great Service and clean room!”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Just would like to thank the owners of the motel for being very accomodating. We stayed there this past weekend and the room was very nice. The flat screen tv and cable, air conditioning, bed, and bath were clean. We will gladly stay there the next time we are here visiting our Chicago family.

Room Tip: If you need a first floor, make sure you request it.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Western Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2012

In February 2012, I had to attend a training event which was being at the hospital which is located very near this motel. I needed to stay two nights. I chose this motel due to location and price. I was not disappointed.

This motel is not fancy--and I have absolutely no problem with that. I wasn't looking for a spa or resort. I was looking for a place to sleep that was "easy on my wallet". The overall design and decor are probably closer to 1972 than 2012--BUT I found my room to be well-maintained, clean, and reasonably quiet (especially for being located on a busy street and near a hospital). There was a microwave and refrigerator in my room. There was an adequate channel selection on the flat screen television. The bed was clean and comfortable.

The front desk staff members were very pleasant and helpful The continental breakfast was very small--but adequate. It snowed a few inches on my second night there. Once the snow stopped, the space all around my car was shoveled out for me. There are a few fast food restaurants, a convenience store and a small "strip mall" located within easy walking distance.

If I ever need to stay in Oak Lawn again--and I want a nice, inexpensive, place to sleep, I will be back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank prain4u
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed 31 October 2011

This quaint, family owned motel was the perfect choice for my visit. I was looking for a convenient location close to my daughter, reasonably priced, safe, and clean. The Gateway met my requirements perfectly. Very sweet and helpful owners and staff, coffee and pastries in the office every morning, clean and safe. Free wifi, flat screen TVs, mini-fridge, microwave, cable, and air conditioning that kept me cool during a heat wave in July. Located on 95th, I expected to hear the traffic, but not so. I couldn't even hear the baby in the room next door. It was the perfect choice.

They gave my daughter the key to the room the day before, as my flight came in very late, and when my laptop would not pick up the wireless signal from one of the end rooms, they moved me to a closer spot with no hesitation.

I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank KatG7227
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2010

Staying at the Gateway was convient and was almost like being at home. Each room has a convient refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioning worked great. And the bathrooms were a great size. As for cleaniness, it was also like being at home. Close to expressways, shopping and restaurants galore, we will make Gateway our "Home away from home" next time we come to visit family.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Best Western Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!