“non working shower” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Dubuque, United States
“non working shower”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hot water pressure was so low that the shower would not stay on so I had to take a cold shower. The desk clerk did offer for maintenance to come take a look at it, but being that I had to be at a meeting within an hour, I did not have time for that. Coffee maker did not work properly, tv remote not working, and could hear every noise my neighbor made as well as hallway noise. Worst nights sleep or lack there of in a hotel I've ever had.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay, it is simply unacceptable for so many items in your room to have been overlooked. Please know that we are addressing the items you experienced to ensure that they do not happen again. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
313-253-4344

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Philadephia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Had a great experience at the hotel. Friendly and FAST check-in, clean room. However the air conditioning units were extremely noisey. I had one in my room and one in the bathroom. Both kept me up most of the night. Otherwise my short stay at the hotel was great. I especially love the fact that Hilton carries PTR bath products!!

Melissa,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Please accept my apologies that the ventilation in your room caused you disturbances. We will use your feedback to make future improvements. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Rochester, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Overall Experience great. Resteraunt a little over priced for the service you get. Roof leaked on me during dinner and paid $15 for breakfast and the food was not fresh. The staff was friendly, but did not offer anything when I reported issues.

Kimberly,
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable comments with us. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Please accept my sincere apologies that your experience in Whitney's was not what it should have been. We pride ourselves on impeccable service and wonderfully prepared food, I regret that your experience did not reflect this. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
York, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here during a business trip. It was recommended by a co-worker who stayed at the same location. Front desk staff was excellent. Room was fantastic: large, clean, comfy. Food in restaurant was good but the service was lacking. The employees seemed more interested in talking on their cell phones and watching TV.

Wld chic,
Thank you for your review. I see that perhaps you posted your comments twice, or you traveled with a co-worker and shared the same content. I appreciate you feedback and am glad that you enjoyed your visit. We will use your comments about the service in the restaurant to make improvements. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back.
York, United States

Chelsea,
I am so pleased that you took your coworker's recommendation and stayed with us. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. Thank you for your kind words about the reception team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests. I regret that the service in Whitney's does not reflect that. We will use your experience as a training opportunity. I do hope that you will consider joining us again soon.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

If you are looking for a nice hotel within the city limits and close to midway airport this is a wonderful hotel with great room-service... The pool is beautiful and the workout area is nice. The rooms are always clean and it is very quiet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Catherine,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We try to make everyone’s visit memorable by providing the best comfort, the friendliest service, and the best of amenities; and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

First off, hotel is extremely far from the airport. You'll pass atleast 15 hotels before you even find the Hilton. Second, the shuttle seems run whenever it wants instead at an acurate time. Also if your flight arrives late (after 1030) expect to pay a steep tax fee. The rooms are clean but water pressure in the shower is weak and it rakes forever for water to drain.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Rick_Stealth
Rick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you to help us improve. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Lawn
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
BEST WESTERN Inn & Suites - Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!