Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Motel 6 Bridgeview(Bridgeview)
US$50
US$48
US$67
All reviewsmidway airportthe executive loungenice hotelorange lineshuttle servicerestaurant stafffree shuttlebreakfast buffetfitness centerroom was spaciousbusiness tripindoor pooloaklawnchicagofuneralmetrasinks
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Since this hotel is in somewhat of a remote location away from the city but close to Midway, my expectations were fairly low. The room on the 11th floor was clean and updated. We ended up having to add an additional night and the front desk was very helpful in accommodating us. The executive lounge was spacious and provided a good option for breakfast. The only area where they could really upgrade is the sundries - I needed contact lens solution and the only option was to go across a parking lot to the Walgreen's. With two kids late at night, that was not really an option.

Room Tip: High floor with a room facing the city skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

JHR,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. It was a pleasure to have you and your family at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel. We will use the feedback you provided as an opportunity to continue improving. We hope to have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

First night staff was polite. Second day not so nice. Starbucks girl in lobby is awesome. There were dirty dishes in the hall that were there for two days before being picked up. There was a refrigerator in my room so I went after work to get some items at the local store. When I returned later that day the fried was gone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kevin H

Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we use it as an opportunity to improve. I regret that you experienced some inconsistency throughout your stay. Please know that we have executed some training to ensure that this does not happen again. Please contact me directly if I can offer any assistance with upcoming travel plans. We look forward to regaining your trust during future visits.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and it is generally a good value and a great location. This time, unfortunately, nothing seemed to go right from the beginning. Our rooms were not ready upon arrival, the front desk checked w/ housekeeping and told us they would be ready in 45 minutes so we headed out to get a bite to eat. Upon our return one and 1/2 hours later one room was ready, but it took another hour to get in to the second one cleaned. No sooner had we moved our stuff into the second room that housekeeping showed up and told us the room was 'out of order' and they had cleaned it by mistake. What?! Almost three hours to get checked in as Hilton Honors members. Of course the front desk blamed it on housekeeping and vice-versa. Next morning the lobby coffee shop took 15 minutes to make 3 coffees, the barista was incapable of multi-tasking and could not pack up food while the coffee was brewing. And the business center internet was not functioning. When I told the front desk they acted surprised, even though another hotel guest had notified them earlier in the day. Lastly, the elevator was not functioning properly. It would stop on the correct floor but the door would not fully open, or it would open with a 6" gap from the ground (very dangerous). What a disaster - some issues were mechanical and will hopefully be fixed soon. Hope they get some more competent staff soon. On a brighter note there are lots of good restaurants within walking distance and some shopping too, plus a shuttle to/from airport.

Room Tip: City side rooms have a great view of the Chicago skyline.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Merry Banker,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. We take your comments seriously and use them as an opportunity to improve. Although I am pleased that amenities such as the hotel shuttle were very helpful I regret that we missed many other opportunities to provide you with a flawless experience. We are addressing each of the items you mentioned with repairs and training. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I would like a chance to welcome you back so we can provide the experience you should expect as loyal Hilton Honors guests.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I joined my wife for a business seminar hosted at the Hilton 5/31-6/1. Upon arriving, the staff was professional and friendly. The original room was nice and had a great view of the surrounding area. However, my wife and I woke up the next day and discovered we had bed bugs. Upon notifying the hotel staff, they were apologetic and immediately moved us to a new room. Additionally, the first night's stay was compensated. That was appreciated, but in the coming days, the itching and scratching from all of the bed bug bites was very, very uncomfortable, which made for a dissapointing experience.
On a positvie note, as I stated, awsome and friendly staff/employees, great restuarant and bar. The upgraded room, on the 11th floor was very nice, great shower, and no bed bugs! I usually try to stay at Hilton properties and would have liked to have given a higher rating, but the bed bugs kind of ruined it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim H

Tim,
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel service team. I am so pleased that they had a positive impact on your visit. We take hotel hygiene and cleanliness very seriously. As a result, Hilton has established very strict standards for cleanliness for all of their hotels, including pest control. In the unusual event we are made aware of a concern; we respond immediately to the situation and take the appropriate steps to remediate it. Please accept my sincere apologies that you experienced discomfort during your visit with us. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hotel was extremely clean, and the staff was very pleasant. During our stay our remote broke, the repairman was at our room within 10 minutes.Check in and check out was quick. Even though the hotel was full, the rooms at night were quiet. Our second stay here and I'm sure we will be back

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Kara,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and your fellow travelers. We can’t wait to welcome you back.